6. The slow loris, as we all know, is one of the most ADORABLE animals on the planet.
8. And just like that, the Phuket police went into action.
According to Yahoo, it didn’t take long to track down the source:
“Phuket authorities were alerted to the picture (of Rihanna), and last night police arrested the two individuals who brought out the loris as a photo opportunity for tourists,” a Phuket district chief, Weera Kerdsirimongkon, said by telephone Sunday.
Police confiscated two lorises from the pair — a 20-year-old man and a 16-year-old boy — who could face charges of possession of protected animals. The charge carries a penalty of up to four years in prison and a 40,000 baht ($1,300) fine.
Weera said authorities have tried for years to crack down on the problem of vendors exploiting wildlife, particularly in popular tourist areas where people pay to pose for pictures with elephants, orangutans and other animals.
- The men who attacked Istanbul's main airport on Tuesday, killing 44 people, were from Russia, Uzbekistan, and Kyrgyzstan.
- A federal judge halted Mississippi's anti-LGBT religious exemption law moments before it was set to go into effect.
- Tesla's Autopilot system is under investigation after it was linked to the first known self-driving car death in the U.S.