President Obama is known for being a prolific and powerful speaker. He proved that to be true in his latest speech, his last at the Democratic National Convention as President. He affirmed Democratic Nominee, Hillary Clinton. He discussed the challenges we currently face and the victories we've won during his almost 8 years in The White House.
It was powerful.
It was inspiring.
It was unifying.
And it was shady.
At first listen, President Obama may sound like he's just making regular comments about Republican candidate, Donald Trump.
But, as you've seen in other speeches made by Obama's this week, the shade runs deep.
And if you're not really paying attention, you could miss the subtle, beast mode nature of Obama brand shade. Here are 10 times President Obama unleashed the shade beast on Donald Trump during his DNC speech.
1. Fair to say, this is not your typical election. It's not just a choice between parties or policies; the usual debates between left and right. This is a more fundamental choice – about who we are as a people, and whether we stay true to this great American experiment in self-government.
2. But what we heard in Cleveland last week wasn't particularly Republican – and it sure wasn't conservative. What we heard was a deeply pessimistic vision of a country where we turn against each other, and turn away from the rest of the world. There were no serious solutions to pressing problems – just the fanning of resentment, and blame, and anger, and hate.
No serious solutions to pressing problems...
3. And then there's Donald Trump. He's not really a plans guy. Not really a facts guy, either. He calls himself a business guy, which is true, but I have to say, I know plenty of businessmen and women who've achieved success without leaving a trail of lawsuits, and unpaid workers, and people feeling like they got cheated.
He's not really a plans guy. Not really a facts guy, either, unless he's cheating you. He planned on doing that.
4. Does anyone really believe that a guy who's spent his 70 years on this Earth showing no regard for working people is suddenly going to be your champion? Your voice?
Do you really?
5. Meanwhile, Donald Trump calls our military a disaster. Apparently, he doesn't know the men and women who make up the strongest fighting force the world has ever known.
Say it to their face, Donald
6. He cozies up to Putin, praises Saddam Hussein, and tells the NATO allies that stood by our side after 9/11 that they have to pay up if they want our protection. Well, America's promises do not come with a price tag. We meet our commitments.
7. America is already great. America is already strong. And I promise you, our strength, our greatness, does not depend on Donald Trump.
Basically, your slogan sucks, son.
8. Trump calls it "a divided crime scene" that only he can fix. It doesn't matter to him that illegal immigration and the crime rate are as low as they've been in decades, because he's not offering any real solutions to those issues. He's just offering slogans, and he's offering fear.
...he's not offering any real solutions to those issues, or any other issues.
9. Dont boo. Vote.
10. "My grandparents explained that they didn't like show-offs. They didn't admire braggarts or bullies. They didn't respect mean-spiritedness, or folks who were always looking for shortcuts in life."
Show offs, braggarts, bullies, mean spirited, looks for short cuts. Who does that sound like?
Seriously. You can't teach shade this classy. Oh, Obamas, you guys will be sorely missed