1. Relief that all your prayers have been answered. You've finally found a new place.
2. Getting insanely excited that you’re finally, actually moving oooooouuuuttttt!!!!!!
3. Carefully measuring your new space.
4. Constantly playing Billy Joel’s classic “Movin’ Out” in preparation of the big day.
5. Fearing you’ll never get your stuff all packed up.
6. Debating whether or not your teddy is "adulthood" material.
7. Accepting that you'll have to move every single thing you own.
8. Realizing that you’re in a five-floor walkup.
9. Imagining just how much of a workout you’re about to get.
10. Complaining about having sore arms after painting your accent wall.
11. Trying to figure out exactly how to get your fabulous new couch up the stairs of your five-floor walkup.
12. Making your third trip to the store because you forgot to buy a garbage can. And a plunger.
13. Finally taking a breath and relaxing.
14. Inviting all your friends over to show off your new place — because you have a home, and you can!
And then snuggling up with your best friend after a job well done.
Get all of your first apartment needs at West Elm and save 15% everyday with your college ID or a .edu email address!
Also, enter to win a $2,000 gift card with your .edu email address!