1. Because you can finally pull that comfy sweater out of the back of your closet.
2. Because getting everywhere is suddenly an adventure... not just a casual drive down King Street.
3. Because it's time to go sledding, and feeling that rush while speeding down Suicide Hill is unlike anything else.
4. Because Appalachian Ski Mountain is finally back open, and seeing as it's the closest slope, you feel you need to try it out at least once a year.
5. Because you know the AppalCart doesn't like the snow, so that means class cancellations are plausible.
6. Because walking down King Street during the winter makes you realize that Boone really is perfect, no matter what season it is.
7. Because nothing warms you up on a blustery day like a cinnamon-raisin bagel from Boone Bagelry.
8. Because Beech Mountain is less than an hour away and it is always worth the trip, no matter what day it is.
9. Because the High Country is unlike any other place in the south during the winter.
10. Because hiking in the snow is actually a lot of fun.
11. Because it shows us how truly small we are when surrounded by monstrous mountains.
12. Because the sunsets and sunrises are just a little bit prettier once winter settles in.
13. Because everything is suddenly draped in icicles that both scare you and keep you in awe.
14. Because the winter flavors of beer are usually the best.
15. Because you know that your winter is unlike your friend's winter at UNCW, UNC, or NC State.
16. Because the sky is a little clearer around these parts.
17. Because you can finally wear that tacky Christmas sweater you found at Goodwill over the summer.
18. Because snowboarding is actually pretty fun and not many other schools have actual snowboarding teams.
19. Because building snowmen is fun for those of us who fail miserably at snowboarding and skiing.
20. Because we actually get a winter here.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!