1. Sharks are straight-up great at existing! They've been swimming on our planet for almost 400 MILLION years.
2. Some sharks are real good at being BIG. The whale shark is the largest fish on the entire planet.
4. Who can eat more annually without worrying about their figure than sharks? Great whites chow down and eat 11 tons of food every year.
5. Basking sharks are basically living vacuums that never have to worry about spoiling their appetite. They're able to suck in "more than 10,000 quarts of plankton-filled water in one hour."
6. Get a whiff of this — sharks are the top sniffers in the ocean.
7. Hammerhead sharks can see (almost) ev-er-y-thang better than anything else underwater, without the use of any kind of glasses.
8. Whoa, baby! A frilled shark can handle being pregnant for up to 3.5 years, which is insane and deserves some recognition, because if it took that long to hatch a baby, a lot less people would probably be born.
9. Sharks don't have bones, which means they have more courage than anyone else, despite being spineless
10. Sharks can adapt like, really, really well.
11. These guys have superpowers that mutants would be jealous of.
12. Ain't no bite like a shark bite, ’cause a shark bite is the strongest!
But sadly, there’s one thing sharks don’t do better — they can’t recover quickly enough from human impacts and overfishing.
Make history by contributing to the virtual shimmer wall at the New York Aquarium, and get ready to take a bite out of this new shark experience!