29 Reasons The West Coast Is The Best Coast
Fortunately, not everyone on the Oregon Trail died of dysentery. Brought to you by MONOPOLY and BuzzFeed.
1. Because we're fashionable...
2. ...yet sensible.
3. Because of San Francisco in the fall...
4. ...Mt. Rainier in the spring...
5. ...and Venice Beach at sunset.
6. Because whether you get to work by land...
7. ...or by sea...
8. ...you're in for one wild ride.
9. Because mission burritos...
10. ...and LA taco trucks.
11. And because you've never lived until you've ended a night with a Seattle hot dog.
12. (But Pink's will do in a pinch.)
13. Because of equality.
14. No, really: Everyone is treated equal.
15. Because no matter what you're into, we've got a music festival for that.
Sasquatch, Washington; (left), Coachella, California (middle); Pickathon, Oregon (right).
16. Because our road trips look better than your road trips.
17. Like, this is casually your view on the PCH.
18. And you can even drive to a castle.
19. Because our coffee is an art.
20. But we also have really good "art" art.
21. In fact, our art is your art.
22. Because you'll never run out of exciting new places to explore.
23. And our trolls are actually quite nice.
24. Because there's nothing better than watching a classic movie outside.
Preferably in a cemetery.
25. From the tops of our redwoods...
26. ...to the bottoms of our valleys...
27. ...the cloudiest days...
28. ...and the sunniest...
29. ...we have it all.
And we're keeping it. Sorry.
Could your favorite West Coast city be the next Boardwalk?
Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, and more could be in the newest version of MONOPOLY Here & Now, with a vote powered by BuzzFeed. You don't have to roll the dice on this one: Your vote could be the deciding one to get your favorite city in the game. Vote now!