1. Because the U.K. has castles so old they could feasibly have been protected by dragons.
2. Because you can't beat local news headlines.
3. Pubs. We are good at pubs.
4. Because our place names are very descriptive.
5. Because no proper breakfast is complete without puddings.
6. And we're basically one giant smorgasbord of fantastic regional dishes.
7. Particularly when it comes to serving up chips.
8. We're also brilliant at sausages*...
*Anything that oinks, really.
9. ...and the kings of cheese.
10. Because of the rugby at Cardiff and Twickenham.
11. Because nowhere does tea like the U.K.
12. Our trains are magical.
13. And our puns are brilliant.
14. Not to mention our signs.
15. Our money actually makes sense.
16. Our regional slang beats your regional slang.
Let's break for a quiz: Any idea what sloppies, bagging, beefing, Newtons, antwacky, clamming, chobble, tick, or deek mean?
Answers: clothes you only wear indoors, taking a packed lunch, crying, teeth, unfashionable, hungry, loudly chewing, good-looking, and to look at something.
17. Because the only thing that beats our double-decker buses is our triple-decker Knight Bus.
18. We are literally the only country on Earth that has Pearly Kings and Pearly Queens walking around.
19. Because we didn't invent electricity, but we're good at it.
20. The way the nation is neatly divided into two groups:
Those who love and those who hate Marmite.
(This is a GiF of a leopard trying it for the first time.)
22. Because having a roast every Sunday is basically a human right.
23. British graffiti.
Because it's not all Banksy.
24. Because, free learning: from libraries to places of historical interest.
25. Our cabbies are smarter than your GPS.
26. Because Brits love animals to the point of insanity.
27. And our wildlife is fairly cute and fluffy.
And unlike some places*, doesn't appear to actually want to kill us.
*Australia, let's face it.
Which is probably why so many people want to be us.
Could your favourite British city be the next Boardwalk?
You don't have to roll the dice on this one: London, Cardiff, Belfast, and Edinburgh have thrown their lot into the newest version of MONOPOLY Here & Now, with a vote powered by BuzzFeed. Your vote could be the deciding one to get your favourite city into the game. Vote now!