1. Because it's full of adventures the whole family can enjoy, like zip-lining through forest canopies and sailing on pirate schooners.
Go Ape offers zip lines, obstacle courses, and other outdoor activities for the whole family. Families with younger children don't need to worry about missing out on the action; there are junior courses available as well. In nearby Yorktown, the family can enjoy pirate cruises, complete with costumed crew and cannons. Kids are invited to raise the sails and steer the ship!
2. And because it's home to the unforgettable Busch Gardens!
Amusement park days are always memorable. Williamsburg happens to be home to Busch Gardens, a Euro-vibe theme park that boasts some of the tallest and fastest roller coasters in the country. In addition to daredevil experiences, there are shows, kid-friendly rides, and even attractions with wild animals.
3. Because the whole family can be a part of living history at Jamestown Settlement.
4. And because you can experience life like America's first settlers at Historic Jamestowne.
5. Because nothing spells "family bonding" like escaping a locked room together.
6. Because a revolutionary city really knows how to celebrate Independence Day.
7. Because you can go on hikes to the beach and even leave with souvenir fossils.
8. Because you can kayak or canoe on the most biodiverse creek on the peninsula, Powhatan Creek.
9. Because the water parks are seriously incomparable.
Swimming and splashing all day is fun and counts as exercise, which is a definite win-win. Greater Williamsburg happens to be home to multiple spectacular water parks, including the 84-degree indoor Great Wolf Lodge (which is also a hotel!) and Water Country USA, which offers 43 acres (!!) of aquatic delight.