1. "THE END." Already???
2. I'll just keep tapping my e-reader to be sure...
3. Nope. Really the end. I can't believe it's over. 😱
4. That was like, NOT an ending.
5. How did that go by so fast?!? I feel like I just finished the first chapter!
6. Oh man, it really is over.
7. Also it's 2 a.m. LOL.
8. I have to go to work tomorrow, UGH.
9. I feel empty and alone.
10. I can't just go to sleep now.
11. Maybe I should get a snack?
12. Yes, I need fuel to help me decide on my next read.
13. I'll head to the kitchen for some deep thinking.
14. Sugar and salt will help me through this. 🍪
15. The character in the last book had SUCH a sweet tooth...
16. ...WAAAHHH, I want to read it over again.
17. Should I just read it over again?
18. It wouldn't take that long!
19. AND I'd notice foreshadowing and symbolism I missed before.
20. NO. FOCUS. MORE SUGAR.
21. There are WAYYY too many books on my list to reread one I just read.
22. I need to pick a new one.
23. It's 2:18 a.m.
24. I need to have a new book ready and packed by 3 a.m. for tomorrow's commute so I can go to sleep and not be a total nightmare at work.
26. It's decision time.
27. Back to the bedroom to get my laptop and search for e-books.
28. SO. The last book was like a fun, romantic beach read.
29. I need something more serious this time.
30. Something educational...that will make my brain work.
31. Maybe a classic?
32. I have like 40 on my list.
33. I'm never going to be able to read all the classics.
34. 😭 😭 😭
35. I wish my full-time job were just to read.
36. ALL DAY.
37. I wouldn't even care if I didn't get paid.
38. Books are all I need in life...
39. Maybe I should go back to school to become an English teacher.
40. That would basically be getting paid to read all day!!!!
41. WOW, I think I just figured out my future?!?! 💯 👊
42. But it's 2:42 a.m., and I still haven't picked a new book.
43. Maybe I don't really want to read a classic...
44....maybe sci-fi is what I need RN?
45. I just want a book to be enjoyable and challenging at the same time.
46. Is that too much to ask for in life?
47. But I also want characters I can totally love.
48. And totally hate.
49. I don't just want to feel "meh" about the characters, OK?!?
50. Also, I don't want something everyone and their MOM is reading.
51. I don't want to be that person who just follows the crowd.
52. PLUS that means spoilers. NO SPOILERS.
53. I would rather live in a dark, black hole than have the ending of a book ruined for me.
54. AND I'm about to be living in a dark, black hole at work tomorrow.
55. OK. It's official. I'm going to close my eyes and pick something random.
It's the only way.
56. I have to trust that my deep, spiritual obsession with books will guide me.
57. *takes a deep breath* I can do this.
58. *closes eyes, runs fingers around computer screen, and...stops* I'm scared to look.
59. *slowly opens eyes and looks down at the screen* YESSSSS. SWEET, SWEET RELIEF.
60. I've been dying to read this.
61. *looks at clock and sees it's 3 a.m. on the dot* Well, I'm already up this late...
62. ...I'll just read the first chapter. 😉