1. It's not ice cold in Iceland. Despite what a lot of people think, it's actually warmer in Iceland than it is in New York in winter, thanks to the gulf stream.
2. Hot water smells a bit because of the sulphur. The hot and cold water come from two different sources: hot water comes from the geothermal sources, while cold water is pure tap spring water.
3. DON'T. WALK. ON. THE. MOSS. Just don't, it takes 70 years to grow back. Don't be like Justin Bieber.
4. You can have a feet in North America and the other in Europa, if you go at Þingvellir National Park.
5. There are black sand beaches.
6. You can only see the northern lights in winter, because it's too bright in summer.
7. It's always bright in summer because when the sun sets, it stays at the horizon, it's called the midnight sun.
8. There are no trains in Iceland.
9. There are no mosquitoes in Iceland, and no frogs as well.
10. The arctic fox is the only mammal who is native of Iceland. The others were brought there by humans, for example the famous icelandic horse.
11. Iceland has the oldest parliament in the world, it's called Alþingi and was established in 930.
12. You can dive between the North American continent and the Eurasian continent
13. The whole country is located right under the Arctic circle, except for Grímsey Island, which has a population of about one hundred people.
14. The icelandic horse is the only one who can perform five gaits, instead of four for other breeds.
15. And last but not least, you can visit the Icelandic Phallological museum. You will see all kind of penises.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!