1. BYOB (that's Bring Your Own Bags) to the grocery store.
2. When you can, shop at a local farmer's market or produce stand.
3. Got leftovers? Freeze them!
4. Save all the crap that collects in your kitchen sink to compost for your houseplants.
5. Find creative ways to cook with kitchen scraps.
6. Phase bottled water out of your life.
7. Swap out coffee capsules for an old-fashioned coffee maker.
8. Invest in a microwave popcorn popper.
9. Don't pour cooking oil down the drain.
10. Use microfiber cloths instead of paper towels.
11. Recycle or reuse packaging materials.
12. Ditch the straw!
13. Make buying secondhand a regular shopping habit.
14. Move all of your bills to an online payment system.
15. And finally, take some time to actually **learn** about recycling.
For other ways to start your 2018 off right, have a look at other ~new year new you~ posts here.
This post was translated from Portuguese.