21 Products That'll Help Protect Your Skin From The Sun
It's all sun and games till someone gets burnt.
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Supergoop! Everyday SPF 50 Sunscreen that quickly absorbs into your skin and protects you from free radicals with rosemary leaf extract, a rich source of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds.
2. Columbia's PFG Bahama Long Sleeve Shirt – it's cut from lightweight, quick-dry UPF 30 nylon and is designed with back vents made of mesh lining, so you can stay protected and still enjoy a cool breeze.
3. Gear District's polarized UV400 Sport Sunglasses to protect your eyes from harmful rays, eliminate 99% of glare and are durable and lightweight — making them ideal to wear during sports or outdoor activities.
5. Tatcha's Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen – it's made with Japanese wild rose, green tea, rice and algae and doubles as a mineral sunscreen and makeup primer that leaves your skin balanced, radiant and chalky-free.
6. A set of sporty arm sleeves to block harmful solar rays with its UV-resistant material, perfect for taking your workouts outside.
7. The portable, lightweight UPF 50 Lightspeed Quick Draw Sun Shelter – it not only protects your skin from the sun but it's also easy to set up, providing a comfy retreat from the elements anywhere you go.
8. A wide-brimmed straw hat from Brixton that offers ample shade for your face, in a classic silhouette that can be dressed up or down.
9. Shiseido's Clear Stick UV Protector Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ – it works over or under makeup to protect your skin when you're on the go, and its WetForce technology strengthens the sunscreen as you sweat or get wet.
10. Coolibar's collapsible UPF 50+ Sodalis Travel Umbrella to instantly shade and cool you down with its ventilated double canopy design — plus, its underside reduces glare which helps protect your eyes from the harsh sun, too.
11. A long sleeve T-shirt that significantly reduces sun-exposure risk because it's made of moisture-wicking and anti-odor material with UPF 50+, which, according the to Skin Cancer Foundation, offers excellent protection and blocks 98% of the sun’s rays.
12. A versatile umbrella to clamp to any squared or tubular surface (like a stroller, chair or wheelchair) to provide you with instant shade. Bonus? The UPF 50+ canopy is uniquely shaped to cover your legs while you sit, and it swivels 360° with two hinges to protect you from any angle.
13. Gluten-free, vegan and hypoallergenic Sun Bum Original Sunscreen Spray for lavishing your skin with vitamin E. It has rave reviews and is reef-friendly, so you can swim in the ocean without negatively impacting the marine environment.
14. Coolibar's UPF 50+ Performance Sun Bandana to protect your neck or face from the sun thanks to it's moisture-wicking, quick-drying and odor-eliminating fabric with antimicrobial properties — perfect for everyday use, beach days, or festivals.
15. Athleta's Crosscurrent UPF Jacket that'll block 98% of UV rays with its UPF 50+ odor-controlling and moisture-wicking fabric that subtly shirrs in the front, giving you the perfect fit while protecting your body from the sun.
16. Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunscreen Spray SPF 30 to protect your skin from the sun and illuminate it with a "super glow."
18. A throwback adidas Originals denim bucket hat for increasing your style and decreasing your exposure-risk, especially because denim is a densely woven material that's difficult for UV rays to penetrate.
19. The Sport-Brella Vented SPF 50+ Sun and Rain Canopy Umbrella to shield you from UVA and UVB rays with its functional design, including wind flaps, side panels and tip pockets — it's especially great when you don't want to be "that guy" with the tent at the beach.
20. Sun Bum's Revitalizing 3-in-1 Leave-in Hair Conditioner Spray that'll pamper your hair with a vegan blend made of sunflower seed oil, quinoa protein, banana blend, coconut oil, amino acids and (most importantly) antioxidants that simultaneously protect your scalp from UV rays.
21. And finally, Neutrogena's standby Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Water Resistant and Non-Greasy Sunscreen Lotion to protect even the most sun-sensitive skin — some find it may leave a slight white cast, BUT this PABA-free and non-comedogenic sunscreen is some of the strongest you'll find.
Now go forth and protect your skin!
Some reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.