1. Forrest's mum is a pillar of decency.
2. This scene has the ability to make you cry EVERY TIME.
3. The way in which they SEAMLESSLY intersperse old footage into the film.
4. This beautiful, lifelong friendship.
5. The way the film deals with serious, horrible issues and the emotion it invokes.
6. Despite Jenny's problems, you know that deep down she loves Forrest with all her heart.
7. The moment Forrest and Jenny embrace and the whole crowd applauds.
8. This line:
9. The moment Forrest realises he can run.
10. This line:
11. The time Forrest makes a peace sign.
12. When Mrs. Gump challenges societies view of her son.
13. "I must have drank me about fifteen Dr Peppers."
14. When Forrest does evil squinty eyes at Jenny's good-for-nothing boyfriend.
15. The way they casually suggest Forrest inspired Elvis Presley's dancing.
16. The narration.
17. The huge amount you can learn about American history.
18. Forrest's unwavering ability at being exactly who he is.
19. The fact that without the film this GIF wouldn't exist.
20. Lieutenant DAN!
21. All of Jenny's different looks.
22. The moment when Forrest became a table tennis champion.
23. The moment when he ran across America for no reason.
24. The heart-wrenching moment Bubba dies after Forrest saves half of his platoon.
25. The INCREDIBLE scenery that features on Forrest's run.
26. All of the famous people, Forrest manages to meet and be completely unfazed by.
27. Forrest's childlike innocence.
28. The part when Forrest discovers he's a father.
29. Who KNEW you could do so much with shrimp until Forrest Gump?
30. Tom Hanks' award-winning performance.
31. How inherently good Forrest is as a person.
32. It's brilliantly funny...
33. ...and heart warming too.
How can anyone not love Forrest Gump?
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!