1. Songwriting sisters Eliza and Rachael Hurwitz have corrected a very important series of lyrical errors.
You know how Alanis Morrisette’s “Ironic” isn’t actually about ironic things at all, but instead details some vaguely disappointing scenarios and calls them ironic, even though they aren’t? Well, these two have written addendums to her problems that help them to better live up to the song’s title, including:
- “A ‘No Smoking’ sign you hung up when you quit / Now you started again but can’t smoke because of the sign”
-“It’s a black fly in your Chardonnay / That was specifically purchased to repel black flies”
-Mr. Play-it-safe was afraid to drive / Instead he packed his suitcase and got ready to fly / He wasted his whole damn life being afraid of cars / But as the plane crashed down, he thought, well isn’t this nice?
As the parody’s title says, “It’s Finally Ironic.” AT LONG LAST.
- The Pentagon is repealing its ban on transgender people serving openly in the U.S. military.
- Adnan Syed, whose murder conviction was a subject of the "Serial" podcast, is getting a new trial.
- Donald Trump secretly listened in on phone calls at his landmark Florida estate Mar-a-Lago, sources tell BuzzFeed News.