1. We all know mornings are horrible.
Here I am on a particularly unsalvageable-looking one, wearing no makeup (save for my eyelash extensions) and with my hair in a bun from hell. If you’re the kind of person who routinely blows her 7, then 8, then 9 a.m. alarms, this picture might be a bit like looking into a mirror. Because for many of us, waking up is literally the worst thing ever.
2. But no matter how rough your start on any given day, it turns out you only need four things to make you look alive.
All is not lost if you miss your alarm, are nursing an apocalyptic hangover, or are otherwise strapped for time. You just need a little mascara, BB cream or tinted moisturizer, combination lip/cheek stain, and — here’s the wild card — a brow gel and powder duo.
3. First, start by smoothing your cream everywhere and doing your lips and cheeks.
The tinted moisturizer or BB cream hydrates, provides coverage, and protects you from the sun, which is perfect for mornings when you really can’t handle taking those steps separately. After you apply the stain to your lips with your finger, there should be a little excess product left, which is the perfect amount to sweep upwards onto your cheekbones. Using the leftovers gives you a subtle amount of color so you don’t have to worry about overapplying and looking like a clown (the last thing you need right now).
4. Next, put on mascara and fill in your brows to make your eyes look like those of someone who actually sleeps sometimes.
Eyebrow gel and powder will help you look less sallow and washed out in general as well as making your eye area look more “done.” It’s the quickest way to add polish to your eyes without having to putz around with eyeliner or shadow. And, of course, the most tried-and-true way to look more bright-eyed and bushy-tailed is to coat your lashes in mascara, so go buck with that stuff.
5. Check it out: Totally not dead, with minimal effort, in under five minutes. Pretty cool, right?
Sure, my hair might still be a bit of a mess, but my eyes look more open and awake, my skin is evened out, and there’s just the tiniest bit of a healthy flush to my cheeks and lips. All told, the smallest amount of cosmetic help can make a huge difference in the morning, even if you only have five minutes in your office bathroom to put it on. Just try to remember to set your alarm next time, okay?
- Donald Trump wants President Obama to be investigated, saying he knew about Hillary Clinton's private email server 📩
- Apple's annual sales have fallen for the first time in 15 years... but the company still makes $100 million every day 🍎📉
- 🔎 Transgender rights: How the bathroom fight is dividing top LGBT leaders and could change the future of the movement.
- A dad is bringing his 6-year-old son's drawings to life with the help of Photoshop 🖊💭