If you've seen the 1975 documentary "Grey Gardens," you know it's a masterpiece.
1. After putting your hair up and applying your regular foundation, get started with plenty of bronzer.
2. Then add a rosy blush to the apples of your cheeks.
3. Overly fill in your eyebrows.
4. Brush an eyeshadow that matches your skin all over your lid, then line your upper eyes.
5. Extend your liner slightly past the natural end of your eyelid.
6. Now go crazy with some red lipstick.
7. Now, add her trademark style fixtures.
8. Fasten with a vintage brooch or pin.
9. Put on a one piece bathing suit to embody Edie's pride in her physicality.
10. But don't worry–if you're feeling self-conscious, just cover up with an old fur.
11. Now relish in your bizarre fabulosity.
12. Now it's time to take some cues from how expressive this legend could be.
13. Seriously, just go wild. The bigger your gestures, the better your Beale.
All images by Macey J. Foronda for BuzzFeed unless otherwise stated.