5. She dedicates herself to amazing philanthropic work.
She’s a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador and has publicly supported or represented at least 10 different charity groups, most of which directly service international children in need. Pretty sure this more than proves she could totally run the planet.
6. She even runs her own charity, Pies Descalzos, which provides education for kids in need.
Founded by Shakira in 1997, the organization provides 4,000 Colombian children each year with access to meals, education, and psychological support. Can you say ANGEL?
11. She’s seriously multilingual.
Shakira speaks fluent English, Spanish, and Portuguese and conversational Italian, Catalan, and French. She also frequently makes a point to study the languages of countries she visits. Why, hello, dramatically improved international relations, I didn’t see you there! Maybe it was because Shakira didn’t rule Earth yet?
- The Army Corps of Engineers and North Dakota police have ordered protesters to leave the Dakota Access Pipeline site by this afternoon or face arrest.
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- A US federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- Yalla! You can now download a new Arab emoji keyboard that includes a belly dancer, Oman Chips, and more 👏