1. Ryan Gosling, Dead Man’s Bones
In 2007, Ryan Gosling formed Dead Man’s Bones with his friend Zach Shields. The band released a self-titled album via ANTI- in 2009. It was critically well-received.
2. Kevin Bacon, The Bacon Brothers
We know the guy can act and dance, but did you know he can sing? Kevin Bacon and his brother Michael since the mid-’90s. They have released six albums so far.
3. Jason Schwartzman, Coconut Records
Long ago, Jason Schwartzman played drums for the band Phantom Planet. When his acting career took off, he ceased playing with his old band and started a solo project, Coconut Records, in 2007.
4. Donald Glover, Childish Gambino
Childish Gambino is the stage name of actor Donald Glover, famous for his role on “Community.” While many actors play music as a side gig, Glover seems to be giving more attention to his music career while acting on the side.
5. Frankie Muniz, Kingsfoil
Since “Malcom In the Middle” ended its seven-season run, Frankie Muniz has largely stayed out of the public’s eye. However, he is now drumming for the band Kingsfoil, who he joined in 2012.
6. Craig Robinson, The Nasty Delicious
For years, Craig Robinson and Jerry Minor had a comedic band, performing as musical duo L. Witherspoon & Chucky. Now, Robinson plays sporadically with his new band, The Nasty Delicious, alongside his brother Chris Rob.
7. Malin Akerman, The Petalstones
Malin Akerman, who has starred in films such as Rock of Ages and Wanderlust, is the former lead vocalist of The Petalstones, with whom she recorded an album in 2005. However, her acting career took off shortly thereafter, and she left the band.
8. Hugh Laurie, Band From TV
The star of “House” joined up with Greg Grunberg’s all-star charity cover band made up of television celebrities — naturally called “Band From TV” — and performed alongside James Denton and Bob Guiney. However, Laurie also has his own solo project, and released his debut jazz and blues album, “Let Them Talk,” in 2011.
9. Adrian Grenier, The Honey Brothers and Kid Friendly
“Entourage” star Adrian Grenier plays in not one, but TWO bands: the New York City-based Honey Brothers and Kid Friendly. Grenier plays drums for the Honey Brothers, and is the front man for Kid Friendly.
10. Dennis Quaid, The Sharks
For years, when between acting gigs, Dennis Quaid has been known to sing and play guitar with his band, The Sharks.
Click here to read about 10 More Famous Actors in Bands, including Keanu Reeves, Johnny Depp, and…Steven Seagal?
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Here's how bankers are using a powerful, little-known justice system to turn a huge profit: part three of a BuzzFeed News investigation.
- Donald Trump says he's making a last-minute trip to Mexico today before his speech on immigration policy.
- Netflix has announced that "Stranger Things" is coming back for a second season in 2017.