1. Peanut Butter & Jelly Soufflé
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 T flour
1/4 cup sugar (plus extra to sprinkle in ramekins)
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 egg yolks
4 egg whites
pinch of salt
pinch of cream of tartar
Preheat the oven to 400 F before you begin (the oven must be ready to go when you put the soufflés in or they will not rise). To prepare the soufflé, mix the flour and milk well in a bowl and put in a saucepan. Add half of the sugar (about 1/8 of a cup) and heat until dissolved. Over the heat, add the peanut butter and mix for a couple minutes until well combined and creamy. Take off the heat. Beat the egg yolks with the salt and vanilla and add to the peanut butter/milk mixture. Set aside.
Add the cream of tartar to the egg whites. Beat using either a stand mixer or a hand mixer with the remaining 1/8 cup of sugar (add the sugar slowly as you beat) until the eggs are thick and fluffy (like a foam). Then, fold the egg whites into the peanut butter mixture gently. You must make sure to beat the egg whites properly (this is the key step) or the soufflé will not rise. Bake the souffles at 400 until they rise for about 15 minutes (depending on your oven, anywhere from 10-15 minutes). Don’t open the oven until you are ready to take the soufflés out, or they will collapse!
Makes 4 soufflés.
2. Peanut Butter & Jelly Pancakes
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, well beaten
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons peanut butter, melted + additional for drizzling
Stir together dry ingredients. Add eggs, milk, vanilla and oil. Stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in peanut butter. Cook on preheated pan until bubbles form and edges start to dry. Flip and cook until lightly browned.
1/4 cup strawberries
1/4 cup blueberries
1/4 cup jam of choice
1-2 tablespoons water
1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
In a small saucepan, combine blueberries, strawberries and water over low heat. Mash the berries and add jam, stirring until mixture becomes mostly liquid and warm. Stir in syrup. Drizzle over pancakes.
Top with additional melted peanut butter and jelly.
3. Peanut Butter & Jelly Popcorn Balls
Makes: approx 12-18 balls
4+ cups of air popped popcorn (approx 2 Tablespoons unpopped kernels)
1/2 cup all natural, no sugar added peanut butter
1/2 cup Brown Rice Syrup (would work the best), Agave Nectar, or pure maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch or two of sea salt
All fruit, no sugar added jelly (amount will vary depending on how much you want to coat the balls)
Air pop the popcorn, pour into a large bowl and set aside to cool off completely. Make sure to remove any unpopped kernels so you don’t break a tooth!
In a medium sauce pan mix together the peanut butter, sweetener, vanilla and salt over medium heat. Heat until well blended then cool for about 2 minutes.
Pour the peanut butter mixture over the popcorn and stir well to completely coat the popcorn. Once the popcorn is not hot to the touch but still nicely warm and gooey form into the balls. Make sure to squeeze the balls well to ensure they stay together.
Make all the balls and set aside on a cookie sheet or large plate. You can spray your hands with cooking spray to help keep the balls from transferring all the peanut butter to your hands or just wet with water between each ball.
Once you have made all the balls scoop approximately 1/4 teaspoon of jelly and put it into the palm of your had. Roll one ball in the jelly to coat it and have the jelly get into the popcorn grooves. Set the ball back on the tray and continue doing that until you have coated all the popcorn balls.
4. Peanut Butter & Jelly Foie Gras
3 cups unsalted blanched almonds
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons hazelnut oil
2 teaspoons fleur de sel or kosher salt
4 cups Concord black grapes
2 cups sugar
Juice of 1 lemon
Duck Foie Gras
8 slices/500 g grade A duck foie gras
4 slices brioche bread
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the almond butter:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a bowl, mix together the almonds, honey, canola oil and hazelnut oil.
Spread the almonds on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper, sprinkle with salt and toast in the oven for approximately 10 minutes or until fragrant and lightly caramelized, watching them closely and stirring halfway through if necessary. Let cool for 1 minute. Cook’s Note: Cool no longer than 1 minute, as the almonds will cool and harden, which makes getting them off the paper very difficult!
In a food processor, add 3/4 of the roasted almonds. Process on high speed for 5 minutes or until you have the desired consistency. Scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula and process again to the desired smoothness. Add a few drops of oil if it’s too thick. Adjust the seasoning, to taste. With a knife, chop the remaining almonds and keep aside to use as a garnish.
For the grape jelly:
Rinse the grapes and put them in a big pot with the sugar and lemon juice. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat, stirring often, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer for about 20 to 25 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Skim the surface regularly to ensure a clear jam.
Let it cool for 1 hour. Pour the mixture in a clean jar and reserve in the refrigerator. Grape jelly will keep for a week.
For the duck foie gras:
Season the foie gras with salt and pepper.
In a pan on medium heat, saute the foie gras 20 seconds on each side or just until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside in a warm place. Add the brioche bread to the pan to soak up the remaining juices and duck fat and lightly toast on each side, about 2 minutes in total.
When ready to plate, spread the almond butter on a slice of bread, cover with a slice of foie gras. Garnish with the grape jelly and the reserved crushed almonds.
6. Peanut Butter & Jelly Skillet Monkey Bread
1 can Refrigerated Pillsbury Biscuits, 8 count (Example: Simply line from Pillsbury)
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter, warmed in microwave until liquid like
1/2 cup jelly of choice, warmed in microwave until liquid like
4 tablespoons heavy cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray 9-inch cast iron skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Cut each biscuit into fourths. Place melted butter into a large ziplock bag and toss in cut biscuits. Shake around to coat then toss in sugar, mixing to combine. Pour into prepared 9-inch cast iron skillet and drizzle warmed peanut butter and jelly over top. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
3. Whisk the heavy cream and powdered sugar until combined then drizzle over warm biscuits. Serve warm.
8. Peanut Butter & Jelly Baklava
½ pound Athens Fillo Dough, thawed
2 cups Roasted Peanuts, lightly salted
2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/3 cup Sugar
2 sticks Butter, melted
1 12-ounce jar Jam or Jelly
1/3 cup Water
¼ cup Creamy Peanut Butter, warmed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Using a food processor, grind the peanuts into a coarse, crumbly texture.
Brush the bottom and sides of a 13×9 inch baking dish with butter.
Use a sharp knife to trim the fillo sheets so that they fit the baking dish.
Place one sheet of fillo dough in the bottom of the pan. Brush the fillo with butter. Place another sheet of fillo on top and brush with butter. Repeat this process until you have layered 8 sheets of fillo, each brushed with butter.
Sprinkle 1/3 of the peanut mixture in an even layer over the top fillo sheet. Cover with another piece of fillo. Brush the fillo with butter. Sprinkle another 1/3 of the peanut mixture on top. Brush with butter. Cover with a piece of fillo dough. Sprinkle the final 1/3 of peanut mixture on top. Cover with another sheet of fillo dough. Brush with butter.
Continue layering fillo and brushing with butter until you have layered 8 sheets of fillo on top.
Use a sharp knife to cut the baklava into approximately 35 square or diamond shaped pieces.
Bake for about 35 minutes until the top is golden brown and the edges appear crispy.
Allow the baked baklava to cool for about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the jam/jelly with the water. Warm the mixture in a saucepan or in the microwave and stir until the jelly dissolves and results in a syrupy consistency.
Pour the jelly syrup over the warm baklava, allowing it to run over and in between the pieces.
Cover the baklava and allow it to rest at room temperature for at least four hours before serving.
To serve, remove the pieces of baklava and drizzle a small amount of warmed peanut butter over the top.
9. Peanut Butter & Jelly Oatmeal
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup skim milk
pinch kosher salt
1/3 cup Oats
1 packet of Splenda
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 tablespoon jelly (your favorite flavor)
In a medium saucepan, bring the water and milk to a boil.
Add the oats and salt.
Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Allow to sit for 1 minute.
Stir in the Splenda ,peanut butter and jelly.
11. Peanut Butter & Jelly Cake
1 package (about 18 oz.) white cake mix
3/4 cup raspberry jam
1-2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) REESE’S Peanut Butter Chips
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 cup whipping cream
1. Prepare cake as directed on package for two 9-inch layers. Slice each layer in half horizontally to form two layers. Place one layer on serving plate; spread 1/4 cup jam over top. Repeat with remaining layers, ending with plain layer on top. 2. Stir together peanut butter chips and milk in medium saucepan. Heat over heat, stirring constantly, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Cool until slightly thickened. Beat whipping cream with electric mixer until stiff; gradually blend into peanut butter mixture. If necessary, cool until of spreading consistency. Frost top and sides of cake.12 servings.
12. Peanut Butter & Jelly Shooters
- grape Jell-O
- boiling water
- cold water
- vodka (optional)
- heavy cream
- peanut butter (soften by stirring quickly)
- powdered sugar
1. Make Jell-O according to package directions. For alcoholic shots, substitute vodka for half of the cold water.
2. Pour Jell-O mixture into small plastic Jell-O shot cups. Chill in fridge until firm.
3. Beat 1 cup heavy cream with beaters until soft peaks form. Fold in 3 tablespoons softened peanut butter and 1 1/2 tablespoons powdered sugar. Beat a few more seconds until well mixed. Give it a taste, if it’s not sweet enough add some more powdered sugar.
4. Top firm Jell-O shots with a dab of peanut butter whipped cream. Serve.
13. Peanut Butter & Jelly Fudge
2 T peanut butter
2 T coconut butter or Homemade Coconut Butter
very scant 2/3c berries (I used 80g strawberries. You can also use jam.)
1/8 tsp salt (also, I used salted pb)
1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1 T agave. (I liked it plain, but all of my tasters preferred it sweetened)
Blend the berries first. Then add the other ingredients and blend until smooth. Put in a container, and freeze until firm. It’ll keep for at least a few weeks in the freezer. (Just be sure to thaw before eating.)
14. Peanut Butter & Jelly Marshmallows
¾ oz. gelatin (3 envelopes or 8 sheets)
½ c. cold water
1 c. granulated sugar
1⅔ c. grape jelly
¼ c. water
Peanut butter, as needed
Powdered sugar, as needed
Bloom the gelatin and cold water in the bowl of a stand mixer and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the sugar, jelly, and water in a saucepan. Heat over medium flame until boiling. Boil for 1 minute. Add to gelatin and whip on high for 10-12 minutes, or until the mixture is stiff and dramatically increased in volume. Transfer to a half pan lined with greased plastic wrap. Place greased plastic wrap on top and press into a 1′’ thick slab. Allow to set for three hours. Remove the slab onto a cutting board dusted with powdered sugar and cut into 30 square pieces. Toss the marshmallows in powdered sugar.
Melt some peanut butter in a double boiler. Once liquid, dip each marshmallow into the peanut butter. Be careful not to dip too much or the peanut flavor will overpower the grape flavor. Allow the peanut butter to cool to room temperature. Eat as is or, for easier transport or storage, toss in some more powdered sugar.
15. Peanut Butter & Jelly Flautas
2 Mission® Medium/Soft Taco Flour Tortillas
4 tablespoons Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
2 tablespoons Smucker’s® Strawberry Jam, Jelly or Preserves
2 bananas, peeled
1. Place tortillas on a paper towel and microwave for 10 seconds.
2. Spread 2 tablespoons peanut butter on each tortilla.
3. Add 1 tablespoon jelly to each tortilla.
4. Place the banana near the edge of the tortilla and fold up the ends of the tortilla.
5. Roll-up and enjoy!
16. Peanut Butter & Jelly Tiramisu
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
1 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar, plus more for dusting
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
14 Italian-style crisp ladyfingers
4 cups raspberries
shaved chocolate, for topping
1. Beat the peanut butter, cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla extract and 1/2 cup heavy cream until smooth and fluffy, 3-4 minutes. Add the remaining 1/2 cup cream and beat until creamy, about 2 more minutes. (Do not overbeat)
2. Whisk the jam and 1/3 cup water in a small bowl until smooth. Spoon about 3 T of the jam mixture into a 9×5 loaf pan. Cover with half the ladyfingers, arranging them lengthwise. Brush with half the remaining jam mixture. (Don’t worry if it looks like a lot of liquid; the ladyfingers will absorb it as the tiramisu sits.)
3. Spread half the peanut butter cream over the ladyfingers. Top with 2 cups of raspberries and the rest of the ladyfingers. Brush the ladyfingers with the remaining jam mixture and apread the remaining peanut butter cream on top. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
4. Uncover the tiramisu and top with the remaining 2 cups raspberries and shaved chocolate. Dust with confectioners’ sugar.
17. Peanut Butter & Jelly Granola Wrap
1 Flatout® Light Flatbread
1 Tbs reduced fat peanut butter
1 Tbs sugar-free jam
2 strawberries, hulled and sliced
1/4 banana, cut in half lengthwise
2 Tbs low fat granola
Spread peanut butter evenly over entire Flatout. On one rounded end, spread jam. Layer strawberry, banana and granola. Roll, cut and enjoy!
19. Peanut Butter & Jelly “Watermelon” Slices
2 pieces of bread
Cut the corners off of the bread to make it look like a slice of watermelon. Spread peanut butter on the inside and the jelly on the outside. Put some raisins on the top to look like seeds. Cut the green grapes in half and stack them up on the top edge.
20. Peanut Butter & Jelly Queso
1pkg. (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, cubed
3/4cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1tub (8 oz.) Whipped Topping (Do not thaw.)
2Tbsp. strawberry jam
Vanilla wafers, divided make it
MICROWAVE cream cheese in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 30 sec; stir until smooth. Add peanut butter and COOL WHIP. Microwave 1-1/2 min; stir until well blended.
SPOON into serving dish; top with small spoonfuls of jam. Swirl gently with knife.
SERVE warm with wafers.
Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. chopped peanuts just before serving.
21. Peanut Butter & Jelly Rice Krispies Treats
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- OR -
4 cups miniature marshmallows
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
1/3 cup desired flavor jelly
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter until melted.
2. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press half of the cereal mixture into 8 × 8 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Spread with jelly. Press remaining cereal mixture on top. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
22. Peanut Butter & Jelly Martini Cocktail
2 Parts ABSOLUT VODKA
1 Part Strawberry Puree
1 Part Hazelnut Liqueur
1 Part Black Currant Liqueur
1 Whole Strawberry
Fill a shaker with ice cubes. Add all ingredients. Shake and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a strawberry.
23. Peanut Butter & Jelly Muffins
Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup milk
2 large eggs
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup Smucker’s® Creamy Natural Peanut Butter, stirred
OR 1 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
1/2 cup Smucker’s® Seedless Strawberry Jam
OR Smucker’s® Strawberry Preserves
1/4 cup sugar
HEAT oven to 375ºF. Spray muffin pan with no-stick cooking spray. Stir together flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl. Add milk, eggs, 2/3 cup sugar, peanut butter and oil to bowl. Combine ingredients on low speed of electric mixer, just until moistened. Do not over beat.
FILL prepared muffin cups evenly with half of the batter. Place 2 level teaspoons jam or preserves in the center of each muffin. Evenly divide remaining batter between muffin cups. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar. Bake 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool in pan 5 minutes.
24. Peanut Butter & Jelly Ravioli
2 cups Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2 cup Honey
3 cups Flour
2 Large Eggs
3 Tbsp Water
1 tsp Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Salt
1 Beaten Egg
1 Tbsp Water
½ gallon Boiling Water
2 Tbsp Butter, for browning
12 oz jar Grape Jelly
Grated White Chocolate, for garnishFilling:
In a small bowl, combine peanut butter and honey; set aside.
On a clean surface or in a bowl, make a well in flour. In a small bowl, mix eggs, water, oil and salt. Pour egg mixture slowly into flour and mix with two fingers until incorporated. Knead dough for 7-8 minutes. Working with one-fourth of the dough at a time, roll into a rectangle. Spread filling evenly over half of dough. Brush other half of dough with egg wash. Fold that half of the dough over filling and lightly pat to remove air then seal edges. Sprinkle the dough and the roller with sugar, press firmly and cut into ravioli. Cook ravioli in 1/2 gallon boiling water, 6 ravioli at a time, for 6-7 minutes. Remove to a strainer. In a skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter; add ravioli and lightly toss until browned.
In a microwave-safe bowl, cook jelly until it melts, approximately 2-3 minutes.
To serve, plate ravioli and pour jelly sauce over ravioli. Top with grated white chocolate for garnish.
25. Peanut Butter & Jelly Ice Cream Sandwich
For the Magical Peanut Butter Cookies:
1 cup peanut butter, creamy or crunchy
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup whole milk
1 cup whipping cream
2 cups half-and-half
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups diced strawberries
6 tablespoons strawberry preserves
Peanut butter chips or chopped peanuts, optional
For the Magical Peanut Butter Cookies:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a large baking sheet.
In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, 1 cup sugar, the egg, and vanilla, and stir well with a spoon. Roll the dough into balls the size of walnuts. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet. With a fork, dipped in sugar to prevent sticking, press a crisscross design on each cookie. Bake for 12 minutes, remove from the oven, and sprinkle the cookies with some of the remaining sugar. Cool slightly before removing from pan.
In a small bowl, whisk together the first 5 ingredients. Puree the strawberries in a food processor and add to cream mixture. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker. After freezing in the ice cream maker, transfer to a container and place in the freezer, to freeze solid, for 6 hours before serving.
Spread the strawberry preserves on a peanut butter cookie. Top with a small scoop of strawberry ice cream and cover with another cookie. Roll sides in peanut butter chips or peanuts, if desired.
26. Peanut Butter & Jelly Waffle Sandwich
1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® Flaky Layers refrigerated original biscuits
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup grape jelly
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1 cup fresh fruit (such as strawberries, peach slices, grapes)
1. Heat Belgian or regular waffle maker according to manufacturer’s directions. Separate dough into 8 biscuits; press or roll each into 4-inch round.
2. Depending on size of waffle maker, place 2 to 4 biscuit rounds at a time in hot waffle maker. Bake 2 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Spread peanut butter evenly on 4 of the hot waffles; spread jelly on remaining 4 waffles. Place jelly-spread waffles, jelly down, on peanut butter-spread waffles. Cut sandwiches in half; place on individual plates. Sprinkle with powdered sugar; garnish with fruit.
27. Peanut Butter & Jelly Cupcakes
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
6 ounces (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/3 cups sugar
2/3 cup natural, creamy peanut butter
3 large eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Peanut Butter Frosting
Strawberry jam, for topping
Make cupcakes as directed in Basic Cupcake How-To, adding peanut butter before adding eggs. Use sour cream and vanilla as wet ingredients. Once cupcakes are cool, frost tops with peanut butter frosting. Place a dollop of jam in center of frosting. Decorated cupcakes will keep, covered and refrigerated, for up to 2 days.
Peanut Butter Frosting
6 ounces cream cheese
1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup creamy peanut butter (not natural)
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup heavy cream
Beat cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar with a mixer on medium speed. Add salt, then peanut butter, then vanilla. Whisk cream until soft peaks form, and then fold into peanut butter mixture. Use immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. (Bring to room temperature, and beat on low speed until smooth before using.)
28. Peanut Butter & Jelly Bread Braid
2 and 1/2 cups unbleached bread flour (you can buy this in bulk at Costco or find it at your grocery store by the regular flour)
2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp SAF-instant premium yeast
1 tsp Easy Squeezy Soy Liquid Lecithin
1 cup hot/warm water
1.Mix Dry ingredients. (yeast is a dry ingredient)
2.Make 1 dimple in dry ingredients and squeeze the lecithin into the bottom of the dimple about the size of a quarter.
3.Add water slowly, add 3/4 cups and then the remaining 1/4 cup. Mix for 1 minute and check consistency. The dough mixer should be sticky and pull itself off bowl.
4.Mix/knead in mixer on medium setting for 5 minutes or knead for 5 minutes by hand.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Braid Filling
Favorite flavor jelly
1. Spray counter and hands with cooking spray and knead for a few seconds to form smooth ball.
2. Roll dough into a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Place on a greased cookie sheet. It’s very important to place the dough on the cookie sheet before you fill it because once you fill it, it will be too heavy to move onto the cookie sheet. Spread peanut butter and jelly down the center third of the rectangle.
3. On each long side, cut 1 inch wide strips about 2-1/2-inches into center. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling.
4. Pinch ends to seal and tuck under. Cover and let rise for 20 minutes.
5. Cover and let rise for 20 minutes.
6. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and place on cooling rack or cutting board with 2 spatulas.
29. Peanut Butter & Jelly Milkshake
2 cups milk
1 ripe banana, sliced
2 tablespoons peanut butter
2 tablespoons jam, jelly or preserves (any flavor)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Place all of the ingredients in a blender; blend for 3 minutes or until smooth. Serve cold.
30. Peanut Butter & Jelly Pizza
Pizza dough, enough for a 12” crust
1/3-1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup jam (seedless raspberry works well in a squirt bottle)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll pizza dough into a circle 12” in diameter. Using a fork, pierce the dough thoroughly to prevent large bubbles when baking. Bake on a pizza stone or round pizza sheet for 10-12 minutes or until the crust is cooked and the top is turning golden brown.
2. While the pizza is baking, warm the peanut butter in a microwave for a minute or until it is warm and melted. Warm the jam in a microwave until it is melted and transfer the melted jam to a clean squeeze bottle with a small tip.
3. Once the crust is baked, remove it from the oven and immediately spread the peanut butter over the top of the crust. You don’t have to use the entire amount, so spread according to your tastes. Using the squeeze bottle, spread circles of raspberry jam onto the peanut butter, and then use a knife to make designs in the PB&J by dragging it from the center of the pizza out to the edge. Cut the pizza and serve.
31. Peanut Butter & Jelly Empanadas
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
1/2 Cup Strawberry Jelly (or your favorite Jelly or preserve)
1 Package of Frozen Empanada Disk (thawed at room temp)
Vegetable oil for frying
Whip cream for dipping
Mix peanut butter in a bowl until well mixed. Add peanut butter to the center of a Goya disc and fold in half. Use a fork to press the edges of the disk closed.
Repeat until all the peanut butter mixture is used.
Heat oil to 350 deg F in a deep fryer our in a pot large enough to fully immerse turnovers.
Fry the turnover in batches for approximately 5 minutes (the shell should be golden brown and crunchy).
33. Peanut Butter & Jelly Noodle Salad
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1/3 cup Grape Jelly
1/4 cup Italian Dressing
8 ounces whole grain (or regular) spaghetti, cooked, drained and rinsed with cold water
1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
1 small red bell pepper, sliced
1 green onion, thinly sliced
Cook and drain spaghetti noodles.
Chop and slice vegetables.
Microwave Super Chunk Peanut Butter with Grape Jelly in large microwave-safe bowl at HIGH for 30 seconds; whisk until smooth.
Stir together all ingredients.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.
34. Peanut Butter & Jelly Popsicles
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter, smooth
2 Tbsp Honey
1 Cup Milk, divided (any type of milk will work)
1/2 Cup Your Favorite Fruit Preserves (I used Raspberry)
1. Combine the peanut butter, honey and 1/2 cup of milk in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
2. Whisk the preserves and the remaining milk in a separate bowl to combine.
3. Pour both mixtures into 2 separate liquid measuring cups for easy pouring.
4. Pour 2 tbsp of the peanut butter mixture into each Dixie cup, followed by 3 tbsp of the fruit preserves mixture.
5. Freeze for 30 minutes.
6. Pour the remaining peanut butter mixture on top. Pok a popsicle stick in the middle of the cups.
7. Freeze for at least 6 hours or more.
Makes 4 pops.
35. Peanut Butter & Jelly…Fish (Salmon)
1 24-inch (60 cm) regular plank, soaked in water
3 Pound of 1 side boneless, skinless fresh atlantic salmon
2 Tablespoon sweet spice rub
3 Tablespoon smooth peanut butter, at room temperature
3 Tablespoon pineapple jelly preserves
1 Cup chopped fresh pineapple
2 Tablespoon chopped fresh dill
Preheat grill to high heat. Lay salmon, skin side down, on plank. Season salmon with Sweet Spice Rub and firmly press the spice rub into the flesh so that it adheres. Spread the peanut butter, using as much as necessary, to cover evenly the entire surface of the salmon.
Stir 1 Tbsp of water into the pineapple preserves to thin to a spreadable consistency. Spread preserves, using as much as necessary, to cover evenly the peanut butter layer on the salmon. Sprinkle evenly with chopped fresh pineapple and dill.
Place plank on grill and close lid. Plank bake salmon for 15 to 20 minutes, until cooked to medium doneness or until salmon flakes slightly when pressed. Peanut butter should be soft and the pineapple preserves bubbling and lightly caramelized.
Did we mention this recipe takes 20 minutes? TWENTY MINUTES!
36. Peanut Butter & “Jelly” Munch
Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Vegan, Refined sugar-free
1/4 c peanut butter (I used Justin’s. Can substitute Sunbutter for peanut-free)
1/4 c brown rice syrup
1 t vanilla extract
1/4 t kosher salt
3 plain brown rice cakes (1 1/2 cups), crumbled (I used Lundberg brown rice cakes, make sure yours are gluten-free)
3/4 c dried bing cherries, unsweetened, lightly chopped
1/4 c Medjool dates, chopped
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In a microwave-safe bowl, add the peanut butter and brown rice syrup. Heat for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until warm enough to stir easily. Stir in vanilla extract and salt.
In a medium bowl, combine crumbled rice cakes, dried cherries, and dates, and stir in peanut butter mixture. Toss to coat evenly.
Spread out on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 15-18 minutes, stirring 2-3 times throughout process, until mixture is crisp. Allow to cool. Store in an airtight container.
37. Peanut Butter & Jelly Sherbert
2 cups creamy peanut butter
1/3 cups light corn syrup
1/3 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cups dry nonfat powdered milk
4 cups whole milk
1. Bring everything except the peanut butter to a boil.
2. Turn off heat and whisk in peanut butter.
3. Chill overnight in your fridge.
4. Freeze according to manufacturers instructions on your ice cream maker.
Serve with your favorite jam!
38. Peanut Butter & Jelly Tart
Peanut Butter Cookie Crust:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
Peanut Butter and Jelly Filling and Topping:
1 (3.4-oz) package instant vanilla pudding
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 cups low sugar strawberry jam
1/4 cup lightly salted roasted peanuts, chopped
To make the peanut butter cookie crust, heat oven to 350˚F. Mix butter and sugar until creamed in a large bowl. Mix in egg and peanut butter until smooth; stir in flour and salt. Grease a 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom; press cookie dough evenly over bottom and up the sides of the tart pan. Bake at 350˚F for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. With back of spoon, press down crust so bottom and sides are evenly covered; bake 2 to 3 minutes longer, or until deep golden brown and a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Press down crust again with spoon, if needed. Completely cool the crust, about 1 hour.
Meanwhile, make the peanut butter filling by placing instant vanilla pudding, milk, and sweetened condensed milk in a large bowl and mix until smooth. Stir in peanut butter until smooth.
To assemble the tart, pour 1/2 cup of the jam into the cooled peanut butter cookie crust and spread evenly with the back of a spoon. Top jam layer with peanut butter mousse. Spread remaining 1 cup jam evenly on top of the peanut butter mousse and top evenly with chopped peanuts. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Remove from tart pan (use a toothpick to gently remove any parts of the cookie crust stuck to the top edges of the tart pan, if needed) and cut into 16 wedges.
39. Peanut Butter & Jelly Cereal Bars
5 cups puffed wheat or puffed rice
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup jelly or jam
2/3 cup honey or brown rice syrup or
2 cups miniature marshmallows, optional
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spread puffed cereal out on a large sheet pan. Bake for 5 minutes.
2. Line an 8×8 inch deep-sided baking or casserole dish with parchment or aluminum foil. Grease lightly. Add the cereal to an extra large mixing bowl.
3. In a small saucepan over very low heat melt peanut butter, jam and honey (or marshmallows) together, stir well, remove from heat, pour over cereal, mix well until cereal is evenly coated. Pour immediately into casserole dish, smooth out and lightly press the cereal down.
4. Refrigerate for two hours. Remove bars from pan with parchment to a cutting board. Slice into bars with a super sharp knife. Store tightly covered in refrigerator, if using marshmallows store at room temperature.
40. Peanut Butter & Jelly “McGriddle” Sandwich
1 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/4 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Large Egg
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 1/4 Cup Milk
Jelly, Jam or Preserves
1. Whisk the first 3 ingredients in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl whisk the peanut butter, egg and sugar until combined, then whisk in the milk until incorporated.
3. Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined (it’s ok if there are a few lumps).
4. Heat a large sauté pan or griddle over medium heat and grease with oil.
5. Pour about 1/4 cup of the pancake mixture onto the griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
6. Take a cooled pancakes, spread 1-2 tbsp of jam on one side of the pancake and top with the other pancake to make a sandwich.
7. Continue to do the same with the remaining pancakes and serve.
41. Peanut Butter & Jelly Alligator Tofu
1 4oz filet of Alligator
1 cube of Extra Firm Tofu
3 oz Spicy Thai Chili Sauce
1 big spoonful of Peanut Butter
2-3 slices of bacon
1 tblspoon of garlic
1 tbl spoon of ginger
1 tbl spoon of butter
1-2 tbl spoon olive oil
1 big spoonful of Jelly
1. Heat up the pan and render the bacon, let it cook slowly until all the fat is where it belongs, the bottom of the pan.
2. Once the bottom of the pan is nice and fatty. Add the garlic and ginger, let them infuse their wonderful and flavorful goodness with the bacon fat
3. Once properly infused, ditch everything solid that’s in the pan.
4. Slice the Tofu into ¼ to 3/8” slices for this recipe I made 4 slices
5. Slice the Alligator fillet into 4 pieces
6. Gently pound the gator meat until it is roughly the same size (are wise) as the Tofu. It doesn’t take much. Don’t go after the alligator like it owes you money. Just pound it out thin and flat.
7. Place the Tofu into the bacon fat laden pan (we want it slightly crispy, but not a soy based potato chip)
8. Add the gator meat to the pan and let brown.
While those ingredients are cooking:
1. Heat up the small skillet
2. Once it’s warm, add the Spicy Thai Sauce
3. Add Peanut butter
4. Stir to incorporate
5. Add olive oil as needed, we want it to be a smooth consistency.
Back to the Tofu and Gator.
9. Just as the Tofu and Gator meat are showing signs of being almost done. Add the butter. This will give both ingredients a nice golden brown color. When you feel the Gator meat is cooked enough remove from heat.
Place the Tofu slices on the plate.
Spread a layer of the peanut butter and jelly sauce
Place the Gator meat on top
I have a jar of Sushi Seasoning (seaweed, sea salt, sesame seeds etc), so being it was handy I sprinkled some of it on top to give the dish color and an extra layer of flavor.
42. Sticky Peanut Butter and Jelly Chicken Wings
Adapted from Rachael Ray
One 10 ounce jar grape jelly
1/2 cup smooth, natural peanut butter (do not substitute with regular)
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 chicken wings, tips discarded and wings separated at the join or about 17-20 drummettes
Cilantro for garnish
In a large bowl, mix together grape jelly, natural peanut butter, red wine vinegar, hot pepper sauce and salt.
If you are using full chicken wings, cut tips off and separate wings at the joint. I used drummettes so this step was not necessary. Before you place chicken in the marinade, reserve about 1/2 cup to use on the chicken when it’s finished cooking. After reserving the sauce, place chicken in the marinade and refrigerate for at least one hour or up to overnight.
Arrange the chicken on a greased rack set on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes in a 375 degree oven.
Remove the chicken from the oven and turn each piece. Baste each wing with more sauce. Do not use the 1/2 cup reserved sauce. Use the sauce the chicken was already marinating in since it is going back in the oven. Bake until browned, about another 20 minutes.
When finished cooking, baste the chicken again with the reserved sauce (the sauce the chicken has never been in). If you forget to reserve some sauce, you can always heat the leftover marinade on the stove until boiling. However, you must stir it constantly or it will burn.
Serve on a bed of cilantro.
43. Peanut Butter & Jelly Stuffed Banana Donut Muffins (Vegan)
2 very ripe bananas
3 tablespoons brown rice syrup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon melted Earth Balance or coconut oil
1/3 cup garbanazo beans, pureed with just enough soy milk to make them run in your blender
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 3/4 whole wheat pastry flour (available in the bulk foods section of Whole Foods)
1/4 cup soy or almond milk
6 tablespoons peanut butter
6 tablespoons cherry jam (we love Crofter’s)
Organic powdered sugar for dusting
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
In an electric stand mixer, beat together the bananas, brown rice syrup, brown sugar, melted coconut oil. garbanzo bean puree, and vanilla. Add the baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and flour. Mix until well combined. Add the soy milk, then spoon 1 tablespoon of the batter into 12 muffin tins lined with cupcake wrappers. Add 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter, then 1/2 tablespoon cherry jam into the center of each cup, then gently cover with another tablespoon (or so) of the batter. Tap your muffin tin against the cupboard gently a few times to get the batter to settle around the filling.
Bake in preheated oven for 14-17 minutes, or until the center of each muffin is set (it took exactly 15 minutes in my oven). Remove and dust immediately with powdered sugar. Serve with almond or milk and slices of kiwis or oranges for a totally quick, delish meal!
44. Peanut Butter & Jelly Omelet
1 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons water
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup sliced ripe banana
2 tablespoons strawberry jelly
2 tablespoons peanut butter
In a small nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, place banana, jelly and peanut butter on one side; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate. Dust with confectioners’ sugar. Yield: 1 serving.
45. Twice-Baked Peanut Butter & Jelly Potato
1 -2 tablespoons Peanut Butter
1 - 2 tablespoons Jelly
1. Bake the potato.
2. Take potato out of oven. Scoop out most of the potato and mix it with a few tablespoons of peanut butter. Return mixture back to potato and re-bake.
3. Top off with strawberry jam.
46. Peanut Butter & Jelly “Mallomars” (Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Cookies)
3 cups (375grams/13.23oz) all purpose flour
1/2 cup (112.5grams/3.97oz) white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
12 tablespoons (170grams/ 6 oz) unsalted butter
3 eggs, whisked together
Homemade marshmallows, recipe follows
Chocolate glaze, recipe follows
1. In a mixer with the paddle attachment, blend the dry ingredients.
2. On low speed, add the butter and mix until sandy.
3. Add the eggs and mix until combine.
4. Form the dough into a disk, wrap with clingfilm or parchment and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 3 days.
5. When ready to bake, grease a cookie sheet or line it with parchment paper or a silicon mat.
6. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
7. Roll out the dough to 1/8-inch thickness, on a lightly floured surface. Use a 1 to 1 1/2 inches cookie cutter to cut out small rounds of dough.
8. Transfer to the prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Let cool to room temperature.
9. Pipe a “kiss” of marshmallow onto each cookie. Let set at room temperature for 2 hours.
10. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or silicon mat.
11. One at a time, gently drop the marshmallow-topped cookies into the hot chocolate glaze.
12. Lift out with a fork and let excess chocolate drip back into the bowl.
13. Place on the prepared pan and let set at room temperature until the coating is firm, about 1 to 2 hours.
Note: if you don’t want to make your own marshmallows, you can cut a large marshmallow in half and place on the cookie base. Heat in a preheated 350-degree oven to slump the marshmallow slightly, it will expand and brown a little. Let cool, then proceed with the chocolate dipping.
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup light corn syrup
3/4 cup (168.76 grams/5.95oz) sugar
1 tablespoon powdered gelatin
2 tablespoons cold water
2 egg whites , room temperature
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup jelly
1. In a saucepan, combine the water, corn syrup, and sugar, bring to a boil until “soft-ball” stage, or 235 degrees on a candy thermometer.
2. Sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water and let dissolve.
3. Remove the syrup from the heat, add the gelatin, and mix.
4. Whip the whites until soft peaks form and pour the syrup into the whites.
5. Add the vanilla and continue whipping until stiff.
6. Transfer marshmallow mix to a pastry bag.
7. Place jelly in a pastry bag.
8. Place peanut butter in a pastry bag.
• 12 ounces semisweet chocolate
• 2 ounces cocoa butter or vegetable oil
1. Melt the 2 ingredients together in the top of a double boiler or a bowl set over barely simmering water.
Recipe courtesy Gale Gand, from Food Network website
Prep Time: 10 min
Inactive Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Serves: about 2 dozen cookies (2 dozen? Try 8 dozen!)
47. Peanut Butter & Jelly Soup
2 Tbsp Butter
2 Tbsp Onion, grated
1 Stalk Celery, diced
2 Tbsp Flour
3 cups Chicken broth (try low sodium)
1/2 cup Creamy peanut butter (try reduced fat for fewer calories)
1/4 tsp Salt
1 cup Light cream
2 Tbsp Roasted peanuts, chopped
1/2 cup Grape jelly (can use low sugar or fruit preserves instead)
Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add onion and celery and sauté for 5 minutes. Add flour and mix until well blended. Slowly stir in chicken broth and allow to simmer for about 30 minutes. Remove from heat and strain broth to remove the celery and onions. Next, stir the peanut butter, salt and cream into the strained broth until mixed well. Serve hot. Garnish each serving with a teaspoon of chopped peanuts and a dollop of your favorite jelly.
Make 4 servings.
48. Banana Macarons with Peanut Butter & Jelly
200 grams Powdered Sugar
110 grams ground almonds
18 grams Ground Dried Banana Chips
90 grams Egg Whites
25 grams Sugar
1/4 cup Peanut Butter
1/4 cup Jelly or Jam
1. In a large bowl, sieve the ground almonds, ground banana chips and powdered sugar.
2. In a mixing bowl, whip the egg whites until foamy and slightly stiff, then add in sugar and continue to whip until stiff.
3. Fold the dry ingredients into the whipped whites, incorporating completely until the consistency is like lava.
4. Fill a large pastry bag with the macaron lava and pipe small even rounds onto a silpat or parchment covered baking sheet.
5. Allow them to set out to dry the tops for 30-45 minutes.
6. Cook in a preheated oven 300F for about 18 minutes.
7. Allow to cool, then spread one underside of a macaron with peanut butter and another macaron with jelly. Sandwich together.
49. Peanut Butter & Jelly Doughnuts
1/4 c peanut butter
1/4 c sugar
1/3 c plus 1 T skim milk
1T fat free Greek yogurt (I used Fage 0%)
1/2 t vanilla extract
1 c white whole wheat flour
1 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
2 T sugar free preserves (I used Smuckers Raspberry)
1. Preheat the oven to 325. Lightly spray a doughnut pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, add the peanut butter and sugar and blend with an electric mixer until combined. Add the milk, yogurt, vanilla and egg and mix again. Add flour, baking powder and salt and use mixer again until just combined.
3. Using a spoon or piping bag, evenly distribute the batter mixture into the spaces in the doughnut pan. Put the two rounded tablespoons of jelly into a small dish and microwave on high for 10-15 seconds. Drizzle a teaspoon of melted jelly over the batter in each doughnut space. Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick stuck in comes out clean. Cool before eating.
Yields 6 doughnuts.
50. Peanut Butter & Jelly Fluffernutter Peeps Sandwich
2 slices pound cake, about 1 inch thick each (sturdy enough so that they won’t fall crumble apart when handled)
2 peeps (I found that the rabbit-shaped ones work best because they are flatter and therefore easier to sandwich)
2 tablespoons peanut butter (smooth or chunky, your choice)
1 tablespoon jelly
1. Place your two pound cake slices side by side.
2. Apply a thin layer of peanut butter and jelly to each side.
3. Place the Peeps on top of one of the slices. Place the other slice, peanut butter side down, on top of the Peep-ed slice.
4. Either microwave on high for about 10 seconds (or until your peeps are melty—just keep an eye on it). If the top slice has gone askew or popped off during the microwaving, gently put it back in place.
51. Peanut Butter & “Fruity” Wrap
1/2 cup cooked chicken breast
2 tablespoons extra-crunchy Jif peanut butter
3 tablespoons chopped Fuji apple
2 tablespoons chopped green or black grapes
1 tablespoon lite mayonnaise
2 teaspoons honey
Chop chicken meat and fruit, mix in bowl. Mix in peanut butter, mayonnaise and honey.
Spoon into open lettuce leaf, roll, and serve.
53. Peanut Butter & Jelly Tacos
1 jar of jalapeno jelly
3cups of cooked rice (brown or white)
onion (go with your preference for what you like raw – I picked yellow)
1 tsp fresh minced ginger
1 tsp of green curry paste (adjust to heat preference or sriracha could do fine)
1 tbsp of lime juice
cilantro, if you don’t have the “it tastes like soap” gene (which is an actual gene, FYI.)
First, get the rice cooking. If you have a bit of turmeric add just a dash for color.
Next, get your peanut butter and a small bowl. Add the peanut butter to the bowl. I’m guessing I’d just just shy of a half a cup followed by the lime juice. Mince your ginger* and to the bowl along with the curry paste. Mix together, adding more lime or water if it’s too thick to mix, however, this is a spread and not a sauce so don’t let it get runny. This can just sit while the rice cooks to let the flavors mingle.
*Advice comrade: To mince ginger the easy way. One you have the skin off and a piece approximately the size of a soda bottle cap either place it on the cutting board and smash it with the flat-side of the chef’s knife and smash it, or if you’re not comfortable smacking a sharp knife, putting the ginger between cling film or wax paper and crushing it with something like a can of tomatoes works just as well. This will not only make it easier to mince, but smashing breaks the cell walls of the ginger root releasing a lot more flavor. Also works on garlic and even fresh herbs.
Once your rice is or is close to done, start prepping your vegetables. Best thing is to shred and julienne. Cabbage, apples and onions should be done with a knife. I think the large setting on a four-sided cheese grater do better for carrots, daikon and firmer vegetables. What I wrote down is what I used, but any vegetables you like can go in. Just keep it raw if you can, you’ll want the crunch.
Organize a station for setting up the tacos. Heat the tortillas in a microwave real quick to keep them pliant (5 sec for each tortilla. ) Spread your peanut base across the middle of the taco. Next lay down the jalapeno jelly. Rice and vegetables plus cilantro and you’re good.
54. Peanut Butter & Jelly “Chilly” Hot Dog
Hot dog bun, toasted
1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
1 tablespoon jelly (I used raspberry)
2 scoops ice cream (I used vanilla)
1. Split hot dog bun, but do not break in half. Toast face down on a grill or in a toaster oven, until it is lightly browned.
2. Spread the peanut butter on one side of the toasted bun, the jam on the other side.
3. Place 2 scoops of ice cream in the center of the bun (they will spread to the ends as you squeeze the bun together as you eat).
4. Repeat these steps to create as many Chilly Dogs as you’d like. Serve immediately.
55. Peanut Butter & Jelly Vegan Ice Cream
1 cup (235 ml) soymilk
2 cups (470 ml) soy creamer
3/4 cup (195 g) peanut butter
3/4 cup (113 g) brown sugar
1 tablespoon (15 ml) vanilla extract
3/4 cup (240 g) jam, jelly, or preserves of preference
Mix soymilk, soy creamer, peanut butter, and brown sugar in a saucepan and cook over low heat. Once mixture begins to boil, remove from heat. Add vanilla extract.
Refridgerate mixture unless chilled, approximately 2 to 3 hours. Freeze according to your ice cream maker’s instructions. In the last few minutes of churning, add jam.
Yield: 1 quart (approximately 800 g)
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Around 100 people drowned this past weekend after two migrant vessels went down in the Mediterranean sea.
- People trolled the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency for tweeting elements of the historic Osama bin Laden raid in Pakistan five years ago.
- And elephants performed for the last time at Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey after years of protest from animal advocates 🐘