Firecracker Crispy Marshmallow Pops
Watch the recipe video here:
2½ cups marshmallows
6 tablespoons butter
8 cups puffed rice cereal
2 ounces fizzy rock candy
White chocolate, melted
Milk chocolate, melted
Sprinkles, for decorating
Additional rock candy, for decorating
1. In a large glass bowl, melt the marshmallows and butter in the microwave for 3 three minutes. Stir to fully incorporate.
2. Mix in the puffed rice cereal and stir until evenly coated.
3. Add the fizzy rock candy and stir until well combined. Be sure to add the candy no sooner than this stage, for it may lose its “pop” if mixed with the hot marshmallow mixture.
4. Spread the mixture in a 9x9-inch pan lined with parchment paper and press down to create an even layer.
5. Dip 9 straws sticks in a bit of melted milk chocolate and place them in three even rows across the baking tin.
6. Let the white chocolate harden at room temperature for 30 minutes or in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
7. Remove the parchment paper and cut into 9 equal squares.
8. Dip the treats into melted milk chocolate going half way up, and decorate with sprinkles and more rock candy.
9. Place the completed pops on a parchment paper-lined sheet tray and let sit for about an hour until the chocolate is set.