Cheesy Stuffed Plantain Tots
3 green plantains
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
4 slices mozzarella cheese
4 hot dogs (or other prefered sausage)
Oil, for frying
1. Grate the green plantains into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add salt, pepper, and chili powder, and mix to combine.
3. Wrap one slice of cheese around a hot dog link and cut into fifths.
4. Take one tablespoon of your plantain mixture and encase one slice of the cheese-wrapped hot dog, shaping into a cylindrical “tot.”
5. Repeat until all slices are covered and shaped, and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
6. Freeze one hour.
7. In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat your oil to 375ºF/190ºC.
8. Drop four to five tots into the oil and fry until golden brown, about one to two minutes.
9. Place on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
10. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce!