1. al-Nasser Lideen Allah Abu Suleiman
Elected Minister of War in the Islamic State of Iraq in May of 2010, Suleiman has been called the “new leader of al Qaeda” for nearly a year. [Image via yalibnan.]
2. Ayman al-Zawahiri
Leader of Egyptian Islamic Jihad. Merged EIJ with al Qaeda in 1998. Regarded by some as “the real brains” within al Qaeda.[Image courtesy of Tio’s Blog.]
3. Saif al-Adel
Al Qaeda Security Chief, believed to reside in Iran.
4. Adnan Gulshair el Shukrijumah
An American-born school teacher who is today believed to be a high ranking member of al Qaeda.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Oops: "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳⁉️
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be Secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classic films including "Twister," "Titanic," "Big Love," and "Aliens."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — it's been reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲
Report an Issue
Drag to highlight one or more parts of the screen.
We got your feedback, and we'll follow up with you at
Sadly, an error occured while sending your feedback. Please contact email@example.com to let us know.