1. "When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful."
2. "I speak not for myself but for those without voice... those who have fought for their rights... their right to live in peace, their right to be treated with dignity, their right to equality of opportunity, their right to be educated."
3. "Let us make our future now, and let us make our dreams tomorrow's reality."
4. "The terrorists thought they would change my aims and stop my ambitions, but nothing changed in my life except this: weakness, fear and hopelessness died. Strength, power and courage were born."
5. "Some people only ask others to do something. I believe that, why should I wait for someone else? Why don't I take a step and move forward."
6. "We must tell girls their voices are important."
7. "I don't want to be remembered as the girl who was shot. I want to be remembered as the girl who stood up."
8. "I believe it's a woman's right to decide what she wants to wear and if a woman can go to the beach and wear nothing, then why can't she also wear everything?"
9. "I don't know why people have divided the whole world into two groups, west and east. Education is neither eastern nor western. Education is education and it's the right of every human being."
10. "I think I have a right to live my life the way I like."
11. "I do not even hate the Talib who shot me. Even if there was a gun in my hand and he stands in front of me, I would not shoot him."
12. "Books can capture injustices in a way that stays with you and makes you want to do something about them. That's why they are so powerful."
13. "In many countries, they do not even keep track of how girls are doing in school, or if they are there at all. If we say, 'Girls count,' then we must count girls, so we can see if we are really making progress in educating every girl."
14. "I believe the gun has no power at all."
15. "Islam tells us every girl and boy should be educated. I don't know why the Taliban have forgotten it."
16. "There are so many figures in our history that did not believe they could make a change, and they did."
17. "It is very important to know who you are. To make decisions. To show who you are."
18. "My story is the story of thousands of children from around the world. I hope it inspires others to stand up for their rights."
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!