1. UCLA's dining hall has a rooftop urban garden.
2. UCLA has its own bike share program.
3. It also has the state's first public university electric bus system.
4. UCLA is working hard to protect and promote California's biodiversity.
5. The Renewable Energy Association is changing the world one solar panel at a time.
6. Researchers at UCLA's Luskin Center are revolutionizing parks around the world.
7. UCLA's cityLAB is ushering in a new era of city planning...
8. ...and UCLA is already planning for LA's environmental future.
All images via Getty Images.