20. You remember Kent State Baseball’s memorable trip to Omaha in 2012
19. David Kool, Earl Boykins, Zeke Marshall, D.J. Cooper, and Trevor Huffman are household names to you
17. You were cheering on Kent State against Indiana in the 2002 NCAA Tournament’s Elite Eight
Indiana just wouldn’t miss…
16. You know he’s a great quarterback but you’re not quite sure if you want to claim Ben Roethlisberger or not
15. It drives you crazy when people say the “MAC Conference”
It’s not the “Mid-American Conference Conference” folks!
14. You Know Jack Lambert and Mike Schmidt are Hall of Famers but, more importantly, former MAC athletes
And Akron Alum Jason Taylor will soon be joining them!
13. You know who Jeremy Guy is and follow him faithfully on Twitter
You know his alter ego @FakeGuyMAC as well.
12. You cheered on Northern Illinois in the 2013 Orange Bowl
And, unless you’re a Bowling Green fan, were bummed they lost in the 2013 MAC Championship Game.
11. When you hear the name “Antonio Gates” you think “MAC basketball” before “Future NFL Hall of Famer”
10. You have heard Michael Reghi refer to Akron’s student section as the “Ack-Rowdies” on several occasions
Seriously though, is anyone going to correct him?
8. You were pumped when the Chiefs selected Central Michigan’s Eric Fisher #1 Overall in the 2013 NFL Draft
Kansas City obviously pays attention to MACtion.
6. You cheered on the Akron Zips when they won the Division I Men’s Soccer National Championship in 2010.
…and enjoyed the historic MLS Draft that followed.
5. Although there are some heated rivalries, you feel a bond between fellow MAC schools and their alumni
Especially when one of us faces a Big Ten school.
4. You’ve made at least one road trip to a place you’d never go for any other reason than to see a MAC sporting event
Seriously though, Ypsilanti is so nice in January!
3. You spend two or three nights in Cleveland every March
…and hope you’re cheering your team on come Saturday night.
- President Trump signed executive orders today to advance the Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines, prompting praise from pro-Trump unions.
- Press Secretary Sean Spicer at today's White House briefing dodged multiple questions on Donald Trump's false claim that millions voted illegally in the election.
- White supremacist Richard Spencer rented space in Alexandria, Virginia, that he intends to use as a hub for the alt-right, sparking outrage and complaints from neighbors.
- And the 2017 Oscar nominations for Best Picture are: "La La Land," "Moonlight," "Arrival," "Hidden Figures," "Hacksaw Ridge," "Manchester by the Sea," "Lion," "Fences," and "Hell or High Water" 🎥 🎬