2. 1. Add a frame to your basic mirror.
A happy bathroom combines design and functionality. Framing your mirror quickly updates the feel of your itty-bitty bathroom. Use molding and paint it whatever color you like best, or use basic trim if you’re not into the traditional look. Step-by-step instructions here.
3. 2. Hang spice racks to organize your hair products and lotions.
Two Bekvam spice racks fit all of that stuff you use every day (or think you’ll use every day). Add a coat of paint or stain if you want to color-coordinate them with the rest of your bathroom. You could also hang them on the inside of your cabinets so they’re out of sight. Originally here.
4. 3. Use coat hooks instead of a towel rod for shared bathrooms.
Some of us aren’t lucky enough to live without roommates, so when the germophobe in your life insists on their own hand towel, hang up coat hooks to keep things organized. This isn’t a tutorial, per se, just photos of a DIY. But you can find a crown molding shelf here and a row of coat hooks here.
5. 4. Use small storage solutions to make it easier to find your stuff.
When you only have one cabinet, you have to maximize that tiny space. These StickOnPods hold tiny things like nail polish. Lazy Susans let you reach the stuff in the back of your cabinet as easily as you can reach the stuff in the front.
7. 6. Hang two shower rods (because those shower head racks never work as well as you think they should).
8. 7. Put a book shelf above your door for extra storage.
You probably won’t want to store your most-used items up here, but you could put extra towels, cleaning supplies (elegantly tucked into a pretty bin), or old magazines up there. Originally here.
9. 8. Create a focal point, like your shower curtain, to draw visual attention to a single place.
Keep everything else in your bathroom simple, and make your shower the most attractive thing in there. For example, hang two curtains instead of one, and use a basic color scheme, like here. (Pro tip: Don’t put a table in front of your door, like in this picture).
10. 9. Use a stacked plate rack to make extra counter storage space.
When you run out of horizontal counter space, go vertical instead. This example’s very decorative, but you can also make it more functional by storing your toothbrush, toothpaste, or ponytail holders. Originally here.
11. 10. Make a magnet board to organize your makeup.
You could hang this on the back of your door or the inside of one of your cabinets, or on any bit of blank wall that isn’t serving any other purpose. This one actually comes with a tutorial, here.
14. 13. Roll your towels, don’t fold them.
It’s an old packing trick: Rolling clothes helps you fit more of them in the suitcase. Same thing goes with towels — when you roll them instead of folding them, you can fit more of them in the same amount of space. It’ll also make your bathroom feel more like a spa. Originally here.
15. 14. Install pull-out drawers in your cabinets.
You usually find them for kitchen cabinets, but they work just as well in the bathroom. It’s the same concept as the Lazy Susan, letting you access the depths of your cabinet without having to dig past old bottles. The Container Store has one here.
- Miami Marlins star pitcher José Fernández has died in a boating accident. He was 24.