1. When your parents say you and your sibling can miss out on a family function.
2. When one of you reveals something embarrassing about the other person that you both promised to never bring up.
3. When the two of you pull a fast one on your parents.
4. When you're certain you are right about something but then your sibling is actually right and you have to accept defeat.
5. When your parents are showering your sibling with compliments and you get nothing.
6. When you ask your sibling what you think is a simple favour and they come back with this response:
7. When you are the older sibling explaining to the younger one how your parents never let you get away with anything when you were growing up.
8. When you are trying to keep up with your younger sibling and the latest lingo.
9. When the two of you team up for anything and become an unstoppable team.
10. When your parents discuss the embarrassing things you two used to do when you were kids that you totally forgot about.
11. When you two know each other so well you can read each other's minds and anticipate every move.
12. When you overhear your parents talking about the two of you at a party.
13. When you've asked for your sibling's opinion on something and this exchange occurs:
14. When the two of you didn't realize there was a sibling connection when buying clothes and putting together outfits.
15. When you have special facial expressions in public to alert each other of things.
16. When growing up and this was all you wanted to shout at your sibling:
17. When you think you were having a meaningful conversation with your sibling and it turns out they weren't listening the entire time.
18. When you see your sibling making the same mistakes you did.
19. And finally, when you realize that you sibling will always be there for you no matter what and you're grateful to have them in your life.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!