1. A copy of The Braces Journal so you can keep a detailed log of your amazing life with them.
2. A high-pressure cordless water flosser to effectively remove plaque, tartar, and food that may get trapped in and around your brackets.
3. Or drop a few more dollars on a Philips Sonicare electric toothbrush that'll help remove particles your manual toothbrush may leave behind — which is key to preventing gum disease.
4. A bottle of OrthoFoam braces cleaner with a hydrogen peroxide formula to keep your braces clean and whiten your teeth.
5. A pack of braces wax so you can block your wires from scraping the inside of your mouth — and making your day beyond dramatic.
6. A pack of soft toothbrushes to clean your teeth and tongue while avoiding the trauma that can be caused by hard-bristle brushes.
7. A multifunctional countertop flosser that’s waterproof and comes with a pressure controller and tips for tongue cleaning and other tasks.
8. A copy of the book Smile — which is loved by braces wearers of all ages — for an entertaining read about Raina Telgemeir’s journey with braces.
9. A mini dental kit to make sure your teeth and brackets are squeaky clean no matter where you are — especially during the workday or while traveling.
10. A sturdy CamelBak bottle or pack of water because H20 is a healthier drink option than juices, sports drinks, and sodas — which are packed with sugar that can lead to tooth decay.
11. A pack of flexible straws in case you cave in to your sparkling water cravings — because sometimes you need a little fizziness in life.
12. A tube of Jack Black lip balm to keep your pout moisturized — especially after your orthodontist appointments.
13. A bottle of alcohol-free ACT Braces Care Mouthwash for a soothing rinse that’ll provide extra fluoride protection, prevent cavities and white spots, and loosen food particles.
14. A dental guard to protect your teeth from grinding while you are sleeping.
15. A pack of flossers you can easily store in your purse or backpack for any stuck-food emergencies.
16. A copy of The Braces Cookbook to trade your go-to meals for some tasty new options.
17. And an Amazon Prime subscription so you can watch every single episode of Braceface — because no one understands the joys and struggles of braces like Sharon.
Now let the braces GREATNESS continue.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.