Stealing some quick zzzz’s — a cat nap if you will — between appearances.
12. Because, of course: Bub and Grumpy Cat are friends IRL!
Their initial encounter, the day before the festival, as told with a Vine.
15. This is Scott Stulen, the festival’s curator. He’s a cool cat, as comfortable on-stage as he is off.
His blueprint for the event — “a sincere, un-ironic celebration of cat videos”, staged within the context of major art museum, and treated with care, respect, and a modest dollop of intellectual rigor — was executed with aplomb and he, and his team, should be commended for their hard work, creative vision, and attention to detail.
A concentration of the celebricats and their owners. Too much talent for one picture. MIND = BLOWN!
From left to right: TJ Wingard (“An Engineer’s Guide To Cats”), Kady Lone and Pudge the Cat, Paul Kausman (“An Engineer’s Guide To Cats”), the Bundesons (Grumpy Cat), Ben Lashes, Chris Torres (Nyan Cat), Mike Bridavsky and Lil Bub, Will Braden (Henri, le Chat Noir), and members of the Schmidt family. Their father, Charlie, the creator of Keyboard Cat, is pictured in the center of the bottom row.
Watch their insane video, embedded below:
59. SAVE THE DATE: Curator Scott Stulen will be bringing the festival to a town near you in 2013 and 2014. 11 dates have been announced thus far (below), and about 20 more will follow suit shortly! GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO
September 7th: Heather Farms Park, Walnut Creek (San Francisco) CA
September 7-15th: Honolulu Art Museum, Honolulu HI
September 12th: CultureTECH Festival, Derry, Northern Ireland
September 22nd: Monmouth County Library, Manalapan NJ
September 27th: ArtPrize Grand Rapids, MI
October 4th: Cable Car Cinema, Providence RI
October 19th: Irish American Heritage Center, Chicago IL
October 25th: Warsaw Hall, Brooklyn NY
January 24th: Milwaukee Art Museum, Milwaukee WI
May 2014: Great Wall of Oakland, Oakland CA
June 2014: Hollywood Theater, Portland, OR (BEST THEATER EVER)
NYC residents can hear Stulen speak on Sunday, September 15th at the Bruno Walter Auditorium. Details here.
The festival is also angling towards an appearance at SXSW. Learn how you can help here.
- Refugee families are being torn apart by British bureaucracy. Processing delays and bureaucratic barriers are separating families by thousands of miles.
- After announcing he had raised $5.6 million for veterans organizations, Donald Trump blasted reporters for asking critical questions about the money.
- At least four people died and 49 others were injured in shootings during a violent Memorial Day weekend in Chicago.