This is Jaromír Jágr, a forward with the Boston Bruins, circa 2013. A 12-time NHL All-Star, 5-time league scoring champ, 2-time Stanley Cup winner, and Olympic Gold Medalist, he is considered to be the best European-born hockey player of his generation.
1. This is Jaromír Jágr at age 18, fresh off the plane and new to both Pittsburgh and the United States, looking like a guitar tech for Def Leppard.
2. Or A-ha, of "Take On Me" fame. (Apologies for any smoke that may be wafting up from your computer at the moment.)
3. Here's a side shot that affords a closer look at the mullet's flowing curvature, which brings to mind that old mullet maxim: business up front, party in the back.
4. Said mullet, actually flowing as the air passes around it.
5. Let's take a closer look, shall we?
6. Our mullet hero, peeking out from under Jaromir's helmet. So strong is this mullet that it can't be stopped, or contained.
7. Don't play coy, mullet, we see you lurking there.
BONUS: here's video of Jaromír Jágr, sans mullet but with an equally epic fu manchu, setting up the game-winning, double overtime strike in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Finals between the Boston Bruins and Pittsburgh Penguins last night.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!