4. Designed by Karl Koch from an idea by Rivers Cuomo, Weezer’s album art drew numerous comparisons to a post-punk classic, The Feelies’ “Crazy Rythms” (1980), but the similarities were coincidental.
5. The video for “Undone (The Sweater Song)” was shot by Spike Jonze, who went on to direct feature length films such as “Adaptation” and “Where The Wild Things Are”. Recorded using a steadicam in one uninterrupted movement, it cost $60,000 to make.
7. During the shoot, one of the dogs relieved itself on drummer Patrick Wilson’s bass drum pedal.
8. Jonze would subsequently direct the follow-up video for “Buddy Holly”, which mixed archival feed from the sitcom “Happy Days” with footage of the band performing at Al’s Dinner (and dressed in clothing true to the period).
9. The creative approach won the song heavy rotation on MTV at the time but it remains a staple of alt-rock programming. Uploaded to YouTube in 2009, the official “Buddy Holly” video has racked up more than 12,000,000 views.
- A fan of K-Pop group BTS reimagined the 7-members within the world of Harry Potter and it's magical ✨