This is Mark Duffy, a staff writer at BuzzFeed. Most readers will know him by his pen name, Copyranter. His posts take many forms and cover a wide variety of topics, but most come back to advertising (the good, the bad, and the ugly).
Of late, he's been posting galleries of "ironic" images. And rather prolifically at that. The BuzzFeed search bar yields at least 12 such posts, all composed since May.
The effect is hilarious, if polarizing. Some readers, like the one below, love these posts.
1. Some of them, however, do not...
2. Some commenters reach for the dictionary...
3. ...or the style guide.
4. Some are a bit more forceful.
6. And yet other critics trace the problem back to cultural differences.
7. Prescribing remedial fixes is one of the more common approaches.
8. And it's not uncommon to see commenters traffic the same point from one post to the next.
10. On occasion, Copyranter will address his critics directly.
11. A habit that has not gone unnoticed.
12. Most of the time, though, the exchange is one-way.
16. Things get personal sometimes.
20. While others plead for reason.
21. Or sanity.
22. Others just plead.
25. Usually, though, these arguments just beget more disagreements. And the rabbit hole recesses deeper into the ground...
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!