1. A woman says she was recently punched in the jaw in downtown Philadelphia by a man who attempted to steal her camera.
The woman refused to identify herself publicly, but spoke with Philadelphia Magazine and said she was in the process of taking a picture with the camera when the man punched her.
2. Not only did the woman hold on to her camera, but she also managed to snap a few pictures of her alleged assailant with the camera he is accused of doing a really bad job of stealing.
“I turned around and he turned around at the same time, and I took a series of photos,” she told Philly Mag. “He was in a few photos I had taken a few minutes prior to the assault as well.” She posted the photos to her Facebook page.
3. Being caught on surveillance camera would have been bad enough, but the woman was shooting with a Canon, which apparently takes awesome pictures.
Thanks to the pictures, a second woman has come forward claiming to have been attacked by the same man last Friday, saying “It’s the same face, same facial expression, and it’s the same coat, hat and scarf that he was wearing.”
- A state of emergency was declared in Baghdad as protesters breached the fortified "Green Zone," home to most ministries and embassies in the city.
- At least five people were killed as intense flash floods swept through parts of Texas.
- And do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz 💯