2. Students were to complete a fill-in-the-blank exercise after reading the following passage:
Men on earth are not all the same.
Black people are called negroes. They mostly live in Africa.
Yellow men are called mongols. They mostly live in Asia.
Red men are called redskins or indians. They mostly live in America.
Brown men are called malayans. They mostly live in South Asia.
6. Þórhildur Elvarsdóttir, principal of the Varmárskóli school that Jóhannsson’s daughter attends, said that they only had a few copies of the book.
“Teachers have used the book in order to give students extra practice, but it has probably not been examined closely enough,” Elvarsdóttir told The Reykjavík Grapevine. “We very much regret this.”
7. Read more at The Reykjavík Grapevine.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classics including "Twister" and "Titanic."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — it's been reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲