2. Students were to complete a fill-in-the-blank exercise after reading the following passage:
Men on earth are not all the same.
Black people are called negroes. They mostly live in Africa.
Yellow men are called mongols. They mostly live in Asia.
Red men are called redskins or indians. They mostly live in America.
Brown men are called malayans. They mostly live in South Asia.
6. Þórhildur Elvarsdóttir, principal of the Varmárskóli school that Jóhannsson’s daughter attends, said that they only had a few copies of the book.
“Teachers have used the book in order to give students extra practice, but it has probably not been examined closely enough,” Elvarsdóttir told The Reykjavík Grapevine. “We very much regret this.”
7. Read more at The Reykjavík Grapevine.
- Donald Trump promised insurance for everyone this weekend, but Senate Republicans say they assume he misspoke.
- President Barack Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- Blue Lies Matter: Video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.
- A Toronto man is on a mission to bathe at a different stranger's house every day this month. And so far, so good 🛀