1. Actor Steven Seagal recently told KNXV-TV News that he “would remotely consider” entering Arizona’s next gubernatorial race.
Seagal said he discussed the possibility of running for the office with controversial Maricopa County, Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio, who appears in Seagal’s upcoming reality show “Steven Seagal - Lawman: Maricopa County.”
2. Seagal is a part of Sheriff Arpaio’s “posse,” a group of 3,000 volunteers helping the sheriff’s office uphold the law.
Seagal is part of a special armed group in the sheriff’s posse dedicated to immigration law. The actor pointed to open borders as the “number one problem” that America faces today.
- An American-Israeli teen has been arrested in Israel for bomb threats to Jewish community centers in the US, say the FBI.
- Republicans worked into the morning trying to finalize a deal that would allow their Obamacare replacement plan to pass in the House.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for the London attack through its news agency, calling the assailant its "soldier."
- A Russian former MP and Putin critic was shot and killed outside an upscale hotel in Ukraine Thursday.