1. On love and liberation:
2. Singing "My Name" on Sesame Street:
3. ...And playing patty cake with Elmo:
4. Remembering her mother saving her from an abusive relationship:
5. On The Richard Pryor Show, 1977:
6. In conversation with rapper Common:
7. On making Tupac Shakur cry:
8. Remembering her time as a calypso singer:
9. In conversation with Dave Chapelle:
10. On the original Arsenio Hall show, circa 1990:
12. A Biography.com mini-biography, featuring stunning vintage photos of Dr. Angelou:
Thirty-something from Louisville, KY. Made of bourbon and awesome.
Contact Tracy Clayton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.