Journalist Don Lemon speaks on stage the ADCOLOR Awards.
3. Lemon found himself in the doghouse again today after posing the question, “Would you rather be politically correct or safe and alive?” regarding stop-and-frisk.
Lemon asserted that there are many among the minority community who believe “in theory” that “we’d rather be inconvenienced by being stopped by police than shot by gun-wielding criminals on the street.” However, he said, it’s become too easy for police to become “so drunk with power that they abuse it.”
“Whatever the mayor here decides will be reflected in your city, reflected in your crime rate, and in your economy,” Lemon concluded. “So the question is: would you rather be politically correct or safe and alive? That’s the real issue facing the citizens of New York and, pretty soon, ultimately you.”
4. This found Lemon once again on the business end of a hilarious hashtag: #DonLemonOn. @BoyNamedTawanda started it with this tweet:
Don Lemon on Slavery: would you rather be free and unemployed or have a home and a job?
6. And it was on from there.
#DonLemonOn Paula Deen: Would you rather dress like a slave or be unemployed?
#DonLemonOn SNL: Would you rather have Keenan in drag or no “black women” at all?
#DonLemonOn Jim Crow. Would you rather sit in the back of the bus or walk?
#DonLemonOn Job Loss: But you HAD one though, right?
#DonLemonOn White Privilege: “What’s that?”
The Real Segun Idowu
#DonLemonOn Don Lemon: Would you rather be acceptable to whites and get paid to hate yourself or be liked by the coloreds and get nothing?
#DonLemonOn voter suppression: Would you rather be forced to wait in the blistering cold for 7 hours or not get to vote at all?
#DonLemonOn 12 Years A Slave: would you rather be enslaved for 12 years or 13 years?
#DonLemonOn having only two Black senators: “it’s a shame we only have two qualified Black men to join our white leaders in the Senate.”
#DonLemonOn School to Prison Pipeline “Many valuable skills can be learned in prison.”
Bougie Black Girl
#DonLemonOn racism: Racism is real but it wouldn’t be as bad if you were a little less Black.
#DonLemonOn white supremacy: There would be no MLK, without the KKK.
#DonLemonOn reproductive rights: Women should be glad that someone is willing to make these difficult decisions for them.
RT: @Wekhevixwaz #DonLemonOn blackface: imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
21. Fun fact: Don Lemon sued Tower Records for racial profiling back in 2001.
- Politics in France were redrawn Sunday as pro-EU Macron and far-right Le Pen advanced to a runoff in the country's presidential election 🇫🇷
- Trump still hasn't taken a foreign trip. Obama traveled to nine countries and Bush had visited two at this same point in their presidencies.
- North Korea has arrested a third American citizen amid a dramatic escalation in tensions with the United States.
- Drag queens, puppies, and Lisa Rinna — BuzzFeed News got a behind the scenes look of "Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen."