1. Richard Condon, special commissioner of investigation for the New York City School District, issued a report Thursday detailing Avonté Oquendo’s final moments in the Long Island City, Queens, school that he ran away from on Oct. 4, 2013.
2. The report reveals that a warning issued by Avonté’s mother, one warning of his propensity to run off, was never passed on to school administrators. As such, he didn’t have the continuous one-on-one attention deemed necessary.
Avonté’s mother, Vanessa Fontaine, specified that he needed constant supervision in a survey sent home to her by Avonté’s teacher.
3. The staff of Riverview School, where Avonté was a student, appears to have been distracted the day the teen went missing.
When Avonté disappeared, his class was being escorted to the technology room by three individuals, two of whom had to pause to deal with “unruly” and “fairly aggressive” students. Avonté ran out a past a security guard, who saw him but wasn’t allowed to leave his/her post unattended. The third adult escorting Avonté’s class did not notice the boy was missing until arriving at the technology room, 16 minutes later.
- Pro-EU Macron and far-right Le Pen have topped France's 1st round for president. They face off in 2 weeks 🇫🇷
- After days of deadly riots, Venezuela's president threatened protesters in a bizarre video — while playing catch.
- A recent report found that 6 of the largest soft drinks companies, excluding Coca-Cola, use a combined average of just 6.6% recycled plastic.
- A fan of K-Pop group BTS reimagined the 7-members within the world of Harry Potter and it's magical ✨