If you're all too familiar with the frustrating feeling of waking up unexpectedly in the middle of the night, you're not alone.
Luckily, there are plenty of tried-and-true tips out there that might help you sleep through the night:
1. Skip that nightcap.
2. Set your thermostat somewhere between 60 and 67 degrees.
3. Create a soothing bedtime routine.
4. Keep your clocks out of sight.
5. Only go to bed when you're actually feeling sleepy.
6. And if you wake up and don't fall back to sleep within 20 minutes, get out of bed.
7. Put on socks to make sure your feet are toasty.
8. Practice progressive muscle relaxation.
9. And try to wake up at the same time every morning.
By the way, if you've been having trouble sleeping and it's not going away, it's definitely worth checking with your doctor. Many things can cause insomnia, from stress to certain disorders, and your doctor will best be able to help you figure out what's going on so you can get the sleep you need. In the meantime, you can always read more about insomnia here.