2. The problem is that one side of the Walkie-Talkie - which is still under construction - is effectively a giant curved mirror.
City AM reports that multiple vehicles were damaged by the sunbeam last week.
7. Pedestrians have been complaining about the spot of incredibly bright light for the past week.
8. Eddie Cannon, a driver whose vehicle was also hit by the melty sunbeam, said:
The van looks a total mess – every bit of plastic on the left hand side and everything on the dashboard has melted, including a bottle of Lucozade that looks like it has been baked.
The building’s developers say they are investigating - and, as a precaution, have banned parking in the affected spots.
11. Update: The Walkie-Talkie is now accused of setting a barber’s shop on fire.
12. Also you can fry an egg with the death ray, or set fire to journalists.
AMAZING SCENES: @jimwaterson fries an egg on the pavement, live on @SkyNews #WalkieScorchie