1. You’re supposed to be writing something. But you aren’t.
Look at that winking bastard.
2. Instead you’re reading BuzzFeed.
4. You have looked at 47 different holidays you will never, ever take.
6. You take some time out to plan your funeral, in great detail. Just in case.
7. You aren’t even capable of writing a proper to-do list. So instead you start playing the Throwy Bin Game.
8. You stare at the thing you haven’t written. It feels like the cursor is taunting you.
9. Instead you spend your time trying to find the weirdest album on Spotify. Then listening to it.
No seriously it’s better than you might expect.
Then you realise that you’re saying things like “better than you might expect” about an album of Gregorian chant ABBA covers.
10. You have run out of people to Facebook stalk. You have stalked all of the people.
12. Three hours later, you’re pretty sure you’ve implicated Clark Gable in the 1932 Stockholm Vampire Murder.
Then you realise you’ve gone mad.
14. You return to writing. You make REALLY SIGNIFICANT PROGRESS. You can tell this because it’s in bold and underlined.
This is good work. You are doing very well.
15. You phone up baffled relatives you don’t really know for a chat, just because.
17. The Throwy Bin Game’s not going so well any more.
19. You try following the old writing advice - “Just write something. Anything. You can always improve it later.”
NO NOT THAT.