1. Ruth Wakefield’s Tried and True Recipe
While serving guests at her family owned Toll House Inn, Ruth Wakefield was faced with a dilemma as she prepared her famous Butter Drop Do Cookies. The recipe called for baker’s chocolate, but when all she could find in her pantry was a semi-sweet chocolate bar she figured she would make do. Little did she know that treat baking in her oven would become a household favorite for families across America.
- Tennessee authorities have charged 2 minors with starting the massive wildfires that killed 14 people last month.
- Donald Trump has picked former WWE CEO Linda McMahon to lead the Small Business Administration.
- At least 2 women say Stanford offered them money to close federal investigations into how it handles sexual assault.
- Dozens of employees and patients say the US's biggest psychiatric chain locks up people for insurance money.