1. Ruth Wakefield’s Tried and True Recipe
While serving guests at her family owned Toll House Inn, Ruth Wakefield was faced with a dilemma as she prepared her famous Butter Drop Do Cookies. The recipe called for baker’s chocolate, but when all she could find in her pantry was a semi-sweet chocolate bar she figured she would make do. Little did she know that treat baking in her oven would become a household favorite for families across America.
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- A US federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- The UK Supreme Court ruled that it's legal for the government to keep couples apart because of their income.
- Yalla! You can now download a new Arab emoji keyboard that includes a belly dancer, Oman Chips, and more 👏