3. When a man in military dress wandered around pushing a toy monkey in a pram.
Although you won’t bump into him these days; Kings Heath’s beloved Monkey Man has since found true love in the Welsh seaside town of Llandudno.
4. When the phrase “dig into your meal” was taken a bit too literally by a hipster pub.
You’ve heard of plates, right?
5. When someone improved this street sign with a bottle of Tipp-Ex.
6. And when someone else went one step further.
Stay classy, Digbeth.
7. When a passing Google Street View car uncovered a secret world of dancing binmen.
Bin there, done that.
9. And when Spider-Man was spotted handing out food to homeless people in the city centre.
A real superhero. Even J. Jonah Jameson would approve.
10. When a local convenience store did a Brangelina.
11. When the morning commute turned into Toys “R” Bus.
12. When Scooby, Shaggy, and the gang made a quick getaway from West Brom.
14. When this guy decided to carry around a giant Happy Meal.
“I’ll have a Significantly Happier Meal to go, please.”
15. When Broad Street did it again.
Moral of the story? Never mix tequila with inflatable ducks.
16. When this city centre shortcut had an existential crisis.
17. When this snack bar sold 99p “donor” meat.
Who is donating this meat, and why?
19. When someone opened a theme bar inspired by a mediocre 16-year-old film.
Coming Soon: The Battlefield Earth Burger Bar. Possibly.
20. When Brum’s deeply terrifying statue of King Kong ended up in a Wolverhampton art gallery.
Does anyone else remember when it used to stand next to the Bull Ring?
21. And, last but by no means least, when a Brummie royalist’s tattoo tribute backfired badly.
“To be honest, I should have twigged when he was humming ‘Another One Bites The Dust’ and ‘We Will Rock You’ all the way through the procedure.” Amazing.
Never change, Birmingham. Never change.