1. This 4-year-old boy who'd managed to get a 2-inch pin stuck through his kidney.
2. This giant hairball taken out of the stomach of a 5-year-old girl.
3. This guy who swallowed his false teeth and didn't realise for five days.
He swallowed the big bit with the red arrow.
4. This woman who blew her nose so hard she popped her eye out.
5. This herbalist who drank a hefty dose of poison to help her get to sleep at night.
6. This guy who broke his leg by trying too hard at yoga.
He had broken his femur quite impressively and they had to put a foot-long metal pin in his leg.
Five months later, though, he was walking almost without pain and doing yoga again – although doing "less strenuous postures".
You have to be incredibly unlucky to break your leg like this in yoga, and it turned out that he had probably had a stress fracture already, which he'd thought was just a muscle strain.
7. A woman who (apparently) had so many head lice that she was running out of blood.
The bobby pin was removed using a surgical procedure called a laparotomy. An earlier version of this piece misnamed the procedure.
Tom Chivers is a science writer for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
Contact Tom Chivers at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.