1. The Shard
3. The Olympic Village
4. The former US Embassy building
5. One Hyde Park
6. Chelsea Barracks
7. A £200 million home in Regent's Park
8. The Canary Wharf financial district
9. Claridge’s, The Berkeley, and The Connaught
10. The London Stock Exchange
11. Camden Market
The QIA also owns stakes in Barclay's and Sainsbury's, and quite a lot of other non-London-specific things.
Qatar is a sovereign country, and Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani is a former prime minister of Qatar. A previous version of this piece misstated that it was a part of the United Arab Emirates, and that Jaber Al Thani is the current prime minister.
Tom Chivers is a science writer for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
Contact Tom Chivers at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.