The Office for National Statistics (ONS) has released the latest data on how Britain drinks. A lot of it isn't exactly what you might expect.
1. For instance, older people are bigger drinkers than young people.
2. Similarly, better-educated people tend to drink more often than the rest of the population.
3. And bosses tend to drink more than the people who work for them.
4. In general, people who are better off drink more than poorer people.
5. Smug marrieds drink more than singletons.
6. Londoners drink more frequently than Scots.
7. And young people are getting more abstemious.
Tom Chivers is a science writer for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
Contact Tom Chivers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.