3. Brian Austin Green Is A Rock Star…
So aside from him being married to Megan Fox he actually plays a rock star of sorts in his new show…in a Chuck Klosterman kind of way…which I will explain below, but you are welcome to skip that part if you have no interest in Klosterman’s evaluation of cover bands, and you just wanna know if the show is good or not, which you’ll find below.
4. Chuck Klosterman predicted this 10 years ago…
I’m recalling my misunderstood too-cool-for-school college days reading Chuck Klosterman’s Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs and having my mind blown learning that cover bands are [sort of] the new rock stars reminiscent of the Sunset Strip circa 1988. Basically, if you’re a Guns N’ Roses cover band, and you’re good, the fans will treat you the same as they once treated GnR.
Fast forward to 2012…well, since suddenly weddings are the new expensive American dream that you take a mortgage on instead of buying a house anymore, it’s the wedding band that is living the life, not just any ole’ cover band. Think about it…weddings cost about a gazillion bucks now, and these wedding bands HAVE to make more at a wedding reception than at some under-marketed dive show at some bar where you’re just angry that the stage is setup in front of the dartboards.
So I did a little digging for this Wedding Band series, and found a free preview of it on iTunes. I checked it out, and it looks pretty good. To me, it’s that self-conscious reincarnation of Chuck Klosterman’s foresight of cover-band stardom nearly 10 years ago.
So if you still watch TV, slap a series-record on the ole’ DVR as it is on Saturday nights on the same cable network that accepted Conan O’Brian as being superior to network television.
- Rick Perry, who famously wanted to abolish the Energy Department, said at his confirmation hearing to lead the Energy Department he now rejects "recommending its elimination."
- Vladimir Putin has used KGB tactics to seize on a rift between the US and Turkey, an effort to expand Russia's influence and divide NATO.
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, defended at his confirmation hearing using offshore tax shelters, saying it was an inevitable result of current tax codes.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app Meitu. Say cheese 📸