1. Cary Grant - 1961
Reason For Decline: Cary felt he was too old at 58 to play the role.
2. Richard Burton - 1959, 1961, 1968
Reason For Decline: Wanted more than the producers were willing to pay.
3. Burt Reynolds - 1968
Reason For Decline: Burt felt as if Bond should be British.
4. Adam West - 1970
Reason For Decline: Like Burt Reynolds, Adam thought that Bond should be British.
5. Clint Eastwood - 1971
Reason For Decline: Also thought Bond should be British. We clearly need an American spy that lives up to Bond…
6. Liam Neeson - 1994
Reason For Decline: At the time, Liam wasn’t interested in starring in action movies…
7. Colin Farrell - 2004
Reason For Decline: Colin didn’t think audiences would want him to be James Bond.
8. Hugh Jackman - 2005
Reason For Decline: A busy schedule as well as Hugh’s fear of being typecast.
9. Ewan McGregor - 2005
Reason For Decline: Ewan also had a fear of being typecast after taking on the iconic role.
10. Gerard Butler - 2009
Reason For Decline: Gerard thought that becoming Bond would ruin his career.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- In case you missed it: Trump and Clinton roasted each other at a charity dinner and it was awkward AF 😬
- Think before you trust Facebook: Hyperpartisan pages are posting false or misleading information up to 38% of the time 💻⁉️
- A Mexican judge has approved the extradition of drug cartel leader Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán to the United States.
- This guy casually sat in a flooding Starbucks during intense storms in Hong Kong and became the internet's newest hero.