1. Mick Jagger originally bought the movie rights for $500.
2. Tim Curry turned down the role of Alex.
3. As well as Jeremy Irons.
4. Contrary to popular claims, the film was never banned in the UK, it was withdrawn by Stanley Kubrick himself.
5. The film was released again in the year 2000 after Kubrick's death.
6. Kubrick's first cut ran almost 4 hours.
7. All unused footage was destroyed per Kubrick's request.
8. One of only two X-rated movies to be nominated for the Academy Award for Best Picture.
9. Malcolm McDowell's eyes were anesthetized so that he could film without too much discomfort.
10. Nevertheless, his corneas got repeatedly scratched and was temporarily blinded.
11. The doctor standing over Alex as he is being forced to watch violent films was a real doctor.
12. Kubrick had the Korova's milk dispensers emptied, washed and refilled every hour.
13. The sped-up sex scene was originally filmed as an unbroken take lasting 28 minutes.
14. The final scene was done after 74 takes.
15. Gene Kelly was deeply upset about the way "Singing in the Rain" had been portrayed in the film.
16. It is often claimed that Malcolm McDowell nearly drowned while being waterboarded. This is not true.
17. It is said that Stanley Kubrick made this movie because of the failure of Waterloo.
18. The rape scene was so difficult for the actress originally cast in the role that she had to quit.
19. She was later replaced by Adrienne Corri, who told McDowell: "Well, Malcolm, today you're going to find out I'm a real redhead."
20. Pink Floyd's "Atom Heart Mother Suite" was going to be used in the opening scene.
However, because Kubrick wanted unlimited license to determine what portions or edits of the song he used, the band turned him down.