2 foot x 3 foot x 1/2 inch wood panel - $25
1-inch wood hole saw - $11
Sanding sponge - $6
1-inch dowel - $10
Hand saw - $12
6 inch x 8 foot x 1 inch wood board - $22
1-inch copper tube straps - 5 for $4
½-inch screw - $0.50 each
Wall anchor - $3
4-inch screws - $8
Washers - $5 for a pack
1. For the 2 foot side, draw vertical lines at the 4 inch, 12 inch, and 20 inch. For 3 foot side, draw horizontal lines at 4 inch, 13 ½ inch, 22 ¾ inch, and 32 inch. Predrill holes at the intersections.
2. Use 1-inch hole saw to drill halfway. Flip over board, complete drilling.
3. Saw dowel to 7-inch pieces.
4. Saw wood board to 12 inch or 20 inch pieces, depending on preference.
5. For 12 in piece, screw 1-inch tube straps 8 inch apart. For 20 inch piece, screw 1-inch tube straps 16 inch apart.
6. Predrill holes onto the corner of wood panel. Screw 4-inch screw through predrilled hole. Stack 1-inch length of washers on screw.
7. Predrill holes in wall. Mount wood panel to wall with wall anchor.
Note: Many home improvement stores will cut wood for free.
5. Follow BuzzFeed’s Nifty on Facebook for more mind-blowing hacks and DIYs.
- Trump's supporters are just as frustrated as he is about not getting things done — and they're blaming everyone but Trump.
- Lyme disease patients are feeling neglected by traditional science and turning to the internet to conduct a study of their own. Critics are worried.
- Model Bella Hadid, who promoted Fyre Festival on her social media, spoke out about the chaos and apologized to ticket holders.
- Will Ferrell showed up to a special taping of Samantha Bee's "Not The White House Correspondents Dinner" as George W. Bush.